Barcelona’s Pep Guardiola would be tempted by move to Inter
Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has been linked with a move to Italy to take over at Inter Milan, as a friend of the Spaniard has said that the ex-defensive midfielder would welcome a move.
Guardiola has had a vastly successful time at the Camp Nou and is on the verge of sealing a third consequetive La Liga title, as the Blaugrana sit eight points ahead of rivals Real Madrid at the top of the table.
The Catalan club’s coach is under contract until 2012, but it has been reported that friend and ex-teammate Luis Suarez has told an Italian newspaper that Guardiola feels his time at Barca is almost done.
“Pep Guardiola told me that if [Massimo] Moratti thinks about him as future coach he will certainly not say no to the possibility of coaching a great team like Inter,” Suarez revealed to La Gazzetta dello Sport.
Inter are currently coached by Brazilian Leonardo, who has come under increasing pressure in the last month due to the Nerazzurri’s suprise Champions League exit to Schalke and losing ground on Serie A league leaders AC Milan.
Latest posts by Gareth Mcknight (see all)
- West Bromwich Albion vs Everton preview - August 31, 2012
- Arsenal vs Sunderland Premier League Preview - August 16, 2012
- Newcastle vs Tottenham Premier League Preview - August 16, 2012
- Chelsea vs Manchester City – Community Shield - August 8, 2012
- Liverpool vs FC Gomel – Europa League qualifiers - August 8, 2012