Bookmaker Sportsbook Switches Domain to Bookmaker.eu
On May 23rd, the domain Bookmaker.com was seized by the Department of Justice as a part of a raid that included the seizure of 10 different domains. Some sportsbooks, such as BetED closed its doors once and for all upon its seizure, but Bookmaker continued to operate under the domain bmaker.ag, a website that was set up almost immediately after the seizure of Bookmaker.com.
This website operated for just over three months, but now in August, the site has once again shifted to Bookmaker.eu, joining the ranks of a number of other sportsbooks that have elected to use the .eu address instead of the .com, .net, or .org. BoDog Sportsbook, JustBet Sportsbook, Diamond Sportsbook, and a number of other sportsbooks have shifted to that .eu to keep their websites out of the potential radar of the US Government.
According to a source on Gambling911.com, “There will come a time soon when the .com’s and .org’s will no longer have much significance.” The expert also told Gambling911, “We are going to see a big change when it comes to internet domains… in the coming years.”
Should you attempt to access bmaker.ag, you will automatically be redirected to Bookmaker.eu. The domain Bookmaker.com remains seized by the Department of Justice.
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Cowboys vs. Bears Monday Night Football Prop Picks - December 9, 2013
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013