Boston Celtics vs. Los Angeles Lakers Free NBA Pick
Boston Celtics vs. Los Angeles Lakers NBA Pick
Date/Time: Wednesday, February 20, 10:30 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet Sportsbook
Point Spread: Los Angeles -7
NBA Betting Trends
- Boston is 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against LA Lakers
- Boston is 2-5 SU in their last 7 games when playing LA Lakers
- Boston is 5-11-1 ATS in its last 17 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Boston’s last 10 games when playing LA Lakers
- Boston is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
Los Angeles Lakers
- LA Lakers are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Boston
- LA Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games when playing at home against Boston
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of the LA Lakers last 10 games when playing Boston
- LA Lakers are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games when playing Boston
- LA Lakers are 7-16-1 ATS in their last 24 games when playing Boston
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of the LA Lakers last 8 games at home
Boston’s five-game West Coast swing got off to a disappointing start with a 97-90 loss to Denver on Tuesday night as a nine-point road underdog. It is now just 1-5 straight-up and 2-4 against the spread in its last six road games. Overall, the Celtics are 28-25 SU (22-28-3 ATS) but under .500 on the road at 8-16 SU and a very costly 8-15-1 ATS. The total has stayed UNDER in their last three games.
This could be a make or break road trip for Boston as it struggles to hold onto the seventh spot in the Eastern Conference standings. It also has to battle through persistent trade rumors surrounding Kevin Garnett as Thursday’s deadline draws near. Since losing Rajon Rondo for the season, the Celtics have done a good job at rallying to put points on the board, but that has not been the case in their last three outings with an average of just 84 points. This is after scoring 105 points a game in their previous seven.
The Lakers come off the extended All-Star break in desperate need of some wins; sitting 3.5 games out of the final playoff spot in the West. They went 2-3 SU and 1-4 ATS in their last five games to fall to 25-29 SU and 21-32-1 ATS on the year. Los Angeles is 16-11 SU at home this season but 12-15 ATS. The total as gone OVER in three of its last five games.
You are never quite sure what you are going to get from this team on a night-to-night basis, as consistency would be the last word you would use to describe the Lakers this season. With the exception of Paul Gasol, they come into this game as healthy as they have been in awhile and you would have to believe that a true sense of urgency exists with less than 30 games to play in the regular season.
Both teams have had their share of trouble this season and come into this matchup in less than top form. The history between these two franchises should be enough to keep this game close until the final buzzer, but the motivation to avenge a 21-point road loss earlier this season adds an extra edge for LA. Stick with the Lakers to hammer out a SU win, but the play remains with Boston to cover with the seven points.
Los Angeles 95 Boston 91
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013