Boston Celtics vs. Utah Jazz NBA Pick
Date/Time: Monday, Feb.25, 9 p.m. (ET)
Television: NBA TV
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Utah -6.5
NBA Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Boston’s last 14 games when playing on the road against Utah
- The total has gone OVER in 17 of Boston’s last 25 games when playing Utah
- Boston is 4-1-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Utah
- Boston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Utah
- Boston is 6-13-1 ATS in its last 20 games on the road
- Boston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Utah’s last 14 games when playing at home against Boston
- Utah is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games when playing at home against Boston
- Utah is 1-4-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Boston
- Utah is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Boston
- The total has gone OVER in 17 of Utah’s last 25 games when playing Boston
Boston will try and wrap-up its current five-game road trip on a winning note after losing three of the first four games away from home. This past Sunday, it lost to Portland 92-86 as a two-point underdog. It is now 2-4 both straight-up and against the spread in its last six games and 29-27 SU (23-30-3 ATS) overall. The Celtics have really struggled to win on the road the entire season with a 9-18 SU record and a 9-17-1 record ATS. The total has stayed UNDER in four of its last six games.
Fatigue may also be a factor over the last seven games considering the veteran nature of this team. Boston has been ranked in the bottom half of the league in scoring for most of the season with an average of 95.9 points a game, but this number has dropped to 91.7 in its last six games. Paul Pierce continues to lead the team in scoring with an average of 18.3 points a game, but he is only hitting 41.7 percent of his shots from the field.
The Jazz come into this contest with a 5-3 SU (4-4 ATS) record in their last eight games, but they lost to the Los Angeles Clippers 107-94 this past Saturday as 9.5-point underdogs on the road. They are now 31-25 SU overall and 27-28-1 ATS. Utah is still one of the better home teams in the league at 21-6 SU (17-10 ATS) and the total has gone OVER in four of its last five games overall.
Scoring has not been an issue for the Jazz behind Al Jefferson’s 17.6 points and Paul Millsap’s 15.1 points a game. All told, the team has six players scoring in double figures to help Utah average 98.5 points a game. The problem has been a defense that is giving-up the same amount of points to its opponents.
These are two evenly matched playoff contenders, but the edge this time around remains with Utah as home. Boston will be playing its third game in four nights and probably just looking forward to the fight home after the grueling five-game stretch. Stick with the Jazz all the way to win and cover the 6.5 points.
Utah 98 Boston 90
Date and Time: 02/25/2013 21:00
Street: 301 W South Temple
Locality: Salt Lake City
DJ is a freelance writer that concentrates on his true passion in life; the world of sports. He produces a number of articles each week for BangTheBook.com as well as a select group of other websites that specialize in providing the most up-to-date information for the sports gaming industry. His goal is to write insightful articles on a wide variety of sporting topics that can provide an edge to today's sophisticated online player.