Date/Time: Tuesday, June 5 8:30 p.m.
NBA Betting Odds from VietBet
ATS: Heat -8
NBA Betting Game Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Boston’s last 9 games
- Boston is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Boston’s last 10 games when playing Miami
- Boston is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing Miami
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Boston’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Miami
- Miami is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Miami’s last 7 games
- Miami is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games at home
- Miami is 9-3-1 ATS in its last 13 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 18 of Miami’s last 25 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Miami’s last 10 games when playing Boston
The Boston Celtics made-up for a heart-breaking 115-111 overtime loss in Game 2 of this series as 7.5-point road underdogs with a 101-91 rout in Game 3 as 2.5-point home favorites and a thrilling 93-92 victory in overtime as two point home underdogs on Sunday night to even things up at two games apiece. The total went ‘over’ in all three games after staying ‘under’ the 178.5-point line in Game 1.
The trick for Boston is to now take all of this momentum from this past weekend on the road to win what is shaping-up as a crucial Game 5 this Tuesday night. The problem is the Celtics are just 1-4 straight-up (3-2 against the spread) in their last four trips to Miami. They will need a huge night from their entire big four (Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, and Rajon Rondo) to counteract the Heat playing at home.
Miami was painfully close to winning Sunday’s game but Dwyane Wade’s three-point attempt at the end of the first overtime bounced off the rim. This shot was indicative of his entire night as he went just 7-for-22 from the field and 2-for-6 from three-point range. LeBron James pumped-in 29 points after scoring a game-high 34 in Game 3, but just like Boston, the Heat need both of these All-Stars playing at a high level in order to win games.
The great news for Miami is the possible return of Chris Bosh to the lineup after going down early in the Indiana series with a strained abdomen. If he is ready to go, it could be just what the doctored ordered for a team that has battled with consistency the entire postseason and especially when he was not in the game. The Heat went 5-4 SU and 4-5 ATS in the nine games that Bosh has been sidelined.
The anticipated return of Bosh and the much needed return home is a powerful enough combination to carry Miami to the win on Tuesday night. Stick with Boston to cover with the eight points as it will still be able to keep this a one or two possession game to the bitter end. Miami 92 Boston 88
DJ is a freelance writer that concentrates on his true passion in life; the world of sports. He produces a number of articles each week for BangTheBook.com as well as a select group of other websites that specialize in providing the most up-to-date information for the sports gaming industry. His goal is to write insightful articles on a wide variety of sporting topics that can provide an edge to today's sophisticated online player.