Carolina Panthers vs. Atlanta Falcons Pick
Date/Time: September 30, 1:00 pm EST
NFL Odds from BetOnline
Point Spread: Falcons -7
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Carolina is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Carolina’s last 10 games
- Carolina is 3-14 SU in its last 17 games on the road
- Carolina is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Carolina’s last 6 games on the road
- Atlanta is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Atlanta’s last 16 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Atlanta’s last 8 games at home
- Atlanta is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Atlanta is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games when playing Carolina
NFL Pick – Week 4
The Atlanta Falcons are one of only three unbeaten teams left in the NFL after three weeks. The Falcons blasted San Diego last week on the road, and now they return home to face a divisional foe. Carolina was blitzed at home last week by the New York Giants, but the Panthers do have the ability to be a difficult matchup for the Falcons. Let’s take a look at this NFC South matchup.
Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers were actually favored last Thursday night at home against the dinged up Giants, but New York won 36-7 in an embarrassing game for the Panthers. Carolina did knock off New Orleans in week two, and they proved last year that they can be very difficult to beat when the offense is clicking. Newton had an awesome rookie year, but he is off to a bad start in 2012. He has thrown five interceptions compared to just two touchdowns. He and Steve Smith exchanged words at the end of last week’s game, and those two need to get on the same page moving forward. The Panthers have two very good backs in Stewart and Williams. Carolina may want to focus more on the running game to take some pressure off Newton.
The Panthers defense has been bad again this year. If this team is going to make a serious run at the playoffs, it is the defense that must make a serious leap forward. The Panthers don’t have anyone who gets after the opposing quarterback particularly well, and the safeties are a major weakness. Carolina has a lot of guys on the injured list already this year, and that was a problem last season as well.
Atlanta has been super so far this year in beating San Diego and Kansas City on the road as well as beating the Broncos at home. You could make a good argument that the Falcons may have been the most impressive team in the NFL so far this season. Few teams in the NFL have the kind of weapons that the Falcons have on offense. Matt Ryan has thrown eight touchdowns compared to just one interception so far this year. He is completing 72% of his passes. Julio Jones and Roddy White are both really number one receivers, and Tony Gonzalez is still a matchup nightmare at tight end. Atlanta is averaging 31.3 points per game this year. The Falcons have done a great job scoring touchdowns and not settling for field goals.
The Atlanta defense has done a tremendous job disguising their schemes this year. That was extremely evident on Monday Night Football when the team completely confused Peyton Manning and the Broncos. The Falcons do struggle against the run, but they have done an amazing job forcing turnovers. Asante Samuel has been an important addition to the defense so far this year.
Free NFL Pick: Over 48
The Panthers should be able to run the ball against the Falcons. Atlanta should be able to do just about whatever they want against the Panthers defense. Look for both teams to put up quite a few points.
Atlanta 31 Carolina 23
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/17 and 4/18 - April 19, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/14 and 4/15 - April 14, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/10 and 4/11 - April 10, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/7 - April 7, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting April 4 - April 4, 2014