Chicago Bulls vs. Indiana Pacers NBA Pick
Date/Time: Monday, Febuary 4, 7 p.m. (ET)
Television: NBA League Pass
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Indiana 3.5
NBA Betting Trends
- Chicago is 7-18 SU in its last 25 games when playing on the road against Indiana
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chicago’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Indiana
- Chicago is 12-5 SU in its last 17 games when playing Indiana
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Chicago’s last 8 games when playing Indiana
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chicago’s last 7 games on the road
- Indiana is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games when playing at home against Chicago
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Indiana’s last 6 games when playing at home against Chicago
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Indiana’s last 8 games when playing Chicago
- Indiana is 5-12 SU in its last 17 games when playing Chicago
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Indiana’s last 10 games at home
The Chicago Bulls comes into this huge Central Division showdown a bit short-handed with Joakim Noah and Kirk Hinrick already out of the lineup and Carlos Boozer listed as questionable with a hamstring injury. If the Bulls are going to have shot at holding on to their slim lead over Indiana, they will need another big defensive effort from a team that is ranked third in the NBA in points allowed; giving-up an average of 90.6 points a game.
This has been the case all season long that has led Chicago to a 29-18 record straight-up that includes winning 14 of its first 21 games on the road. The Bulls are just 20-27 against the spread this season, but they have been profitable on the road as well at 13-8 ATS. The total has stayed UNDER in six of their last nine games.
The Indiana Pacers only injury concern for Monday night’s game is George Hill’s shoulder. He injured it in Friday’s impressive 102-89 victory over Miami as a two-point underdog at home. It does appear to be anything serious as he is listed as probable on the latest injury report. The Pacers matchup extremely well with Chicago, boasting a defense that has been even stingier on the scoreboard this season. They are ranked second in the league in points allowed; giving-up an average of 89.9 points a game. This has been key considering that the team is ranked 29th in the NBA in scoring (92 points).
The net result has been a 28-19 record SU and a 25-22 record ATS. Indiana has been tough to beat at home with 18 victories in its first 21 games at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. It is 13-8 ATS at home this year and the total has stayed UNDER in eight of their last 10 games there. The Pacers trail Chicago by a game in the division and would actually take the lead with a win on Monday night considering that they already won the first meeting this season 80-76 as eight-point underdogs on the road.
The final spread on this game will hinge on Boozers’ playing status, but look for Indiana to use its home court advantage to the fullest by grinding-out another tight win over their division rivals. Indiana 91 Chicago 87
DJ is a freelance writer that concentrates on his true passion in life; the world of sports. He produces a number of articles each week for BangTheBook.com as well as a select group of other websites that specialize in providing the most up-to-date information for the sports gaming industry. His goal is to write insightful articles on a wide variety of sporting topics that can provide an edge to today's sophisticated online player.