Chicago Bulls vs. Los Angeles Lakers Pick
Date/Time: Sunday, March 10, 1:30 pm EST
Basketball Odds from WagerWeb
Point Spread: Bulls -6
NBA Betting Trends
- Chicago is 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against LA Lakers
- Chicago is 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games when playing on the road against LA Lakers
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chicago’s last 8 games when playing on the road against LA Lakers
- Chicago is 3-7 SU in their last 10 games when playing LA Lakers
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chicago’s last 5 games when playing LA Lakers
Los Angeles Lakers
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of the LA Lakers last 8 games when playing at home against Chicago
- LA Lakers are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Chicago
- LA Lakers are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games when playing Chicago
- LA Lakers are 7-3 SU in their last 10 games when playing Chicago
- LA Lakers are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games at home
The Los Angeles Lakers are back above .500 for the first time in a very long time. Kobe Bryant willed the team to victory Friday night against the Raptors. Chicago has been treading water of late. The Bulls really need Derrick Rose back as soon as possible to contend for a title, but they are good enough defensively to hold their own while he is gone. These two will meet at Staples Center Sunday afternoon on ABC.
On Friday the news came out that Derrick Rose has been medically cleared to play again, but he isn’t quite ready yet. Richard Hamilton and Kirk Hinrich are both out of the lineup as well, and the Bulls backcourt has been really struggling. There are a lot of guys on this roster that work hard, but there just aren’t many talented scorers in the backcourt right now for Chicago. The Bulls are averaging just 92.5 points per game this year. As a team, they are only shooting 43.5 percent from the floor.
Chicago still has one of the best frontcourts in basketball. Joakim Noah is one of the most improved players in the NBA. Noah is averaging 12 points and 11 rebounds per game. He also averages 4.1 assists per game despite being a center. Carlos Boozer is averaging 15.5 points and 9.2 boards per game. Taj Gibson is out with an injury right now, so Noah and Boozer are logging a lot more minutes of late. Chicago is third in the NBA in field goal percentage defense.
The Los Angeles Lakers still aren’t playing very good basketball, but fans have to appreciate the fact that it is clear this team is putting forth a lot more effort of late. Kobe Bryant is playing at an extremely high level, and he is still the best closer in the game. Bryant’s long range bombs brought the team from behind to win on Friday at home against the Raptors. Dwight Howard and Steve Nash both seem to slowly be getting more comfortable in this offense. What will the team do when Pau Gasol gets healthy? Mike D’Antoni needs to find a way to play Gasol, because he has too much talent to sit on the bench.
Los Angeles is starting to mesh on the offensive end. The Lakers have scored at least 99 points in each of their last ten games. It’s their defense that has been problem. Los Angeles has been giving up points in bunches to good teams and bad teams alike. They made the Raptors look like an offensive juggernaut on Friday. The Lakers might be able to pull out wins during the regular and even make the playoffs with Bryant’s heroics, but they’ll have to be better defensively to go anywhere in the playoffs. They are making some progress, but they have a lot more room for improvement.
Free Pick: Lakers -5
The Bulls are really short-handed right now, and I like this spot for the Lakers. Look for Kobe and Nash to take advantage of the Bulls weakness in the backcourt.
Lakers 102 Bulls 92
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014