Date/Time: Wednesday, March 6, 9:30 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: San Antonio -6.5
NBA Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Chicago’s last 10 games when playing San Antonio
- Chicago is 6-16 SU in its last 22 games when playing San Antonio
- Chicago is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing San Antonio
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chicago’s last 5 games when playing on the road against San Antonio
- Chicago is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games when playing on the road against San Antonio
San Antonio Spurs
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Antonio’s last 5 games when playing at home against Chicago
- San Antonio is 10-3 SU in its last 13 games when playing at home against Chicago
- San Antonio is 16-6 SU in its last 22 games when playing Chicago
- San Antonio is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Chicago
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of San Antonio’s last 10 games when playing Chicago
Chicago is tied with Brooklyn for fourth-place in the Eastern Conference standings, but it will have a hard time staying there if it does not improve upon a 6-9 SU record in its last 15 games. The Bulls are now 34-26 straight-up overall and 27-33 against the spread this season. They remain one of the best road teams in the NBA at 17-12 SU and are a profitable 18-11 ATS. The total has stayed UNDER in three of their last five games on the road. The Bulls have been strapped with their fair share of injuries this season and this game is no exception with Kirk Hinrich listed as questionable with a sore foot. The core trio of Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah continue to pace Chicago’s offense, but the primary strength of this team lies in a defense that is ranked third in the NBA in points allowed; giving-up an average of just 91.3 points a game.
San Antonio has been tearing things up since mid-January with 19 SU wins in its last 22 games. It is 47-14 SU (34-25-2 ATS) overall and three games ahead of Oklahoma City for the lead in the Western Conference. This past Friday, the Spurs leading scorer, Tony Parker was lost for four weeks with a sprained ankle but look for long-time veterans Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili to pick-up the slack in his absence.
Besides these two All-Stars, the Spurs have Danny Green, who is shooting an impressive 43.5 percent from three-point range and a bench that is averaging 39.1 points a game. Overall, San Antonio is averaging 104.8 points a game while allowing just 95.7 points to its opponents.
Both teams have some injury issues coming into this matchup and the loss of Parker should work to keep the total score down. While you probably cannot go wrong with a play on the UNDER in this game, the free NBA pick is Chicago and the 6.5 points. The Bulls remain one of the best road teams in the league both SU and ATS and will battle the Spurs to the final buzzer on Wednesday night.
San Antonio 91 Chicago 88
Date and Time: 03/06/2013 21:00
Street: 1 AT&T Center Pkwy
Locality: San Antonio
DJ is a freelance writer that concentrates on his true passion in life; the world of sports. He produces a number of articles each week for BangTheBook.com as well as a select group of other websites that specialize in providing the most up-to-date information for the sports gaming industry. His goal is to write insightful articles on a wide variety of sporting topics that can provide an edge to today's sophisticated online player.