Chicago Bulls vs. Miami Heat Picks
Date/Time: January 4th, 8:00 pm EST
Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Miami -8
NBA Betting Trends
- Chicago is 1-9 SU in its last 10 games when playing on the road against Miami
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chicago’s last 5 games when playing Miami
- Chicago is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing Miami
- Chicago is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- Miami is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games when playing at home against Chicago
- Miami is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games when playing Chicago
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Miami’s last 5 games when playing Chicago
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Miami’s last 7 games at home
NBA – January 4th
A pair of contenders in the Eastern Conference are going to meet in NBA betting action on Friday night in South Beach, as the Miami Heat entertain the Chicago Bulls.
It’s tough to call this Chicago outfit a playoff contender this year, knowing that the team is only 17-13. The Bulls have one of the worst offenses in the league, ranking 27th at just 92.4 points per game. But of course, Head Coach Tom Thibodeau has his men working hard on the defensive side of the court, averaging just 91.6 points per game allowed. It is clear that after the All-Star Break when he gets back in the action, G Derrick Rose is going to really help this team out. For now though, there is just no backcourt play. G Richard Hamilton is averaging 12.9 points per game, but he is a shadow of his old self, and starting PG Kirk Hinrich is only good for 6.7points per game. This is a team that revolves around its forwards, as F Luol Deng, F Carlos Boozer, and C Joakim Noah are really all that the Bulls bring to the table. When these three are on their game, it’s a tough team to try to beat. When they’re not though, and they haven’t always been all year long, Chicago can be had.
The Heat are hoping that they can continue their strong offensive performances in this one against the Bulls, though obviously, that will be tough. F LeBron James has some swelling in his knee, but he is expected to give it a go in this one against the Bulls. And why not? With that same knee bruise, he went off for 32 points, 12 boards, and nine assists against the Dallas Mavericks two nights ago. The problem that Miami has had has been guarding big men. C Chris Kaman just had a nice game for Dallas, and the game prior to that, C Nikola Vucevic put up 20 points and 29 boards for the Orlando Magic. Both games went to overtime and both were very close calls. With so many big men on the other side of the court, the opportunities are definitely there for the Heat to be had in this one if they don’t become mashers on the glass, something that they haven’t been all year long.
It’s a soft point spread, and one that we are going to take advantage of. Remember that Miami is a 15-2 SU team at home, while Chicago is an 8-5 SU team on the road. This is a nice spot to take the points, as we do think that this is going to be the fifth straight failed attempt at a cover for the Heat. Miami 98 – Chicago 95
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- NFL Betting By the Numbers: Week 14 - December 5, 2013
- NBA Pick: Miami Heat vs. Chicago Bulls - December 5, 2013
- NFL Pick of the Week – 2013 Week 14 - December 4, 2013
- NBA Pick: San Antonio Spurs vs. Minnesota Timberwolves - December 4, 2013
- NHL Pick: Philadelphia Flyers vs. Detroit Red Wings - December 4, 2013