Chicago Bulls vs. New York Knicks Pick
Date/Time: December 21, 7:30 pm EST
Basketball Odds from Bookmaker
Point Spread: Knicks -6.5
NBA Betting Trends
- Chicago is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against New York
- Chicago is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing New York
- Chicago is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Chicago’s last 10 games when playing on the road against New York
New York Knicks
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of New York’s last 10 games when playing at home against Chicago
- New York is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Chicago
- New York is 12-1 SU in its last 13 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of New York’s last 8 games at home
The New York Knicks dropped their first game at home earlier this week when Carmelo Anthony was out of the lineup, but Anthony returned as the Knicks blasted the Nets on Wednesday night. The Bulls come in with one of the best defenses in the league, while the Knicks offense has been on fire. Something has to give in this matchup.
The Chicago Bulls offense is certainly hurting without Derrick Rose or Richard Hamilton in the lineup. Rose is the catalyst for the entire team, and without him in the lineup the Bulls often look disorganized. He should be back later this year, but the team will have to do without for an extended period of time. Overall, the Bulls can’t be too upset with 14-10 at this point in the season. The offense has been a mess, but their defense has kept them in almost every game. The Bulls are second in the NBA in field goal percentage defense.
Joakim Noah has been the MVP for this Bulls team so far this year. Noah leads the team in rebounding, steals, field goal percentage, and blocks. He is having a career-best season so far this year. Luol Deng leads the team in scoring, but he has been struggling with his outside shot. Deng has only been able to knock down 28.8% of his three-point shots this year. With Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer, and Taj Gibson the Bulls have an impressive frontcourt. This is a group that often dominates on the boards.
The New York Knicks have been one of the league’s biggest surprises this year. Many people, including myself, thought the team could be quite a bit better than they were a year ago. Still, there weren’t very many who expected this team to be 19-6 after the first 25 games of the season. Carmelo Anthony is having an MVP type of season thus far. Anthony is averaging 28 points per game, and he is shooting a much higher percentage from the floor than he has in recent years. Raymond Felton has been a terrific addition to the team, and he is the Knicks second leading scorer.
J.R. Smith, Carmelo Anthony, Steve Novak, and Raymond Felton are all capable of lighting it up from beyond the arc. The Knicks shoot 40.4% from three-point range, and they can put up the points in bunches this season. Amar’e Stoudemire is expected back from his injury soon (he is questionable for this game), and many fans wonder how he’ll fit in with the rest of the team. Will he slow things down and be a problem or just be another offensive weapon? Tyson Chandler is healthy this year, and he is one of the best big men in the league. Chandler’s ability on the defensive end makes the Knicks a much better team.
Free Pick: Bulls +6.5
Chicago will have a big advantage on the inside, and they should dominate the boards. They may not win the game, but I think they can keep it close.
Knicks 97 Bulls 93
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/14 and 4/15 - April 14, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/10 and 4/11 - April 10, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/7 - April 7, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting April 4 - April 4, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting March 31 - March 31, 2014