Chicago White Sox vs Minnesota Twins Pick
Starting Pitchers: Starting Pitchers: White Sox (Gavin Floyd) vs. Twins (Liam Hendriks)
Date/Time: Tuesday, June 26, 8:10 P.M. EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds from Bookmaker
Moneyline: Moneyline: White Sox (-121), Twins (+116)
MLB Betting Game Trends
Chicago White Sox
- Chi White Sox are 4-8 SU in their last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi White Sox’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chi White Sox’s last 8 games on the road
- Chi White Sox are 1-5 SU in their last 6 games on the road
- Chi White Sox are 10-4 SU in their last 14 games when playing Minnesota
- Minnesota is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 5 games at home
- Minnesota is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
- Minnesota is 4-10 SU in their last 14 games when playing Chi White Sox
The Chicago White Sox could not solve Francisco Liriano for the second time in a row and will try to bounce back from a 4-1 loss to the Minnesota Twins in the second game of a three-game series on Tuesday. The last time the White Sox (38-35) faced Liriano, they were no-hit by him a little more than a year ago. This time around, not even newly-acquired third baseman Kevin Youkilis could help their offense as he went 1-for-4 in his debut after getting traded to the team on Sunday.
The Twins (30-42) beat Chicago for the third time in eight meetings and won consecutive games overall for the first time since June 9. Ironically, that also came at the expense of another Chicago team, the Cubs. The total has gone UNDER in their last four games and had gone OVER in three of the previous four meetings with the White Sox.
Chicago will send Gavin Floyd (5-7, 5.20 ERA) to the hill searching for back-to-back wins after he struggled through a rough stretch that saw him win only one of six starts. He pitched 6.1 scoreless innings last Wednesday against the Chicago Cubs in a 7-0 victory, walking one and striking out four. The total has gone UNDER in his last two starts following five straight OVERs.
Floyd has surrendered five runs or more in each of his previous six outings, none of which lasted more than six innings. His ERA ballooned more than three runs, from 2.53 to 5.63, after he started the season with a 3-3 mark in his first seven starts. He is winless on the road this year with an 0-4 record and 5.58 ERA and has not enjoyed much success against the Twins with a 4-11 career mark and 6.29 ERA.
Minnesota’s Liam Hendriks (0-4, 7.39) has been just as bad as Floyd at his worst though, failing to pitch more than five innings since April 20. He has lost in each of his last four trips to the mound, giving up five runs or more each time out.
Hendriks was on the wrong end of a 3-0 loss to Chicago the last time he pitched in the AL Central rivalry last September 6. He gave up all three runs and four hits with three walks and four strikeouts in seven innings of work. The Aussie is 0-2 in three home starts as well with a 6.00 ERA and has seen the OVER cash in four of his past five overall along with seven of nine.
Free Baseball Pick: OVER 9
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- West Coast Conference Pick: BYU vs Gonzaga - March 11, 2014
- Summit Conference Pick: IUPU vs North Dakota St - March 11, 2014
- Northeast Conference Pick: Mount St. Mary’s vs. Robert Morris - March 11, 2014
- Horizon League Conference Pick: Wisconsin Milwaukee vs Wright St - March 11, 2014
- NBA Betting: Houston Rockets vs Oklahoma City Thunder - March 11, 2014