Chicago White Sox vs St. Louis Cardinals Pick
Starting Pitchers: Starting Pitchers: Floyd (White Sox) vs. Westbrook (Cardinals)
Date/Time: June 14, 8:05 P.M. EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds from VietBet
Moneyline: Moneyline: White Sox +120 St. Louis -135
MLB Betting Game Trends
Chicago White Sox
- Chi White Sox are 17-7 SU in their last 24 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi White Sox’s last 6 games on the road
- Chi White Sox are 8-1 SU in their last 9 games on the road
- Chi White Sox are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing St. Louis
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Chi White Sox’s last 13 games when playing St. Louis
St. Louis Cardinals
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of St. Louis’s last 5 games at home
- St. Louis is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games at home
- St. Louis is 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing Chi White Sox
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of St. Louis’s last 13 games when playing Chi White Sox
White Sox and Cardinals wrap-up a three-game set at Busch Stadium
Chicago rolled to a 6-1 victory in Game 1 of this three-game Interleague series as a 148 road underdog on Tuesday night. It was just their third victory in the last seven games, but the White Sox still lead Cleveland by a game and a half in the AL Central. They are 34-27 overall and an impressive 18-9 on the road. The total stayed ‘under’ the 8.5 line in Tuesday’s game but it has gone ‘over’ in four of their last seven games.
Gavin Floyd is slated to get the start for Chicago in the series finale. He is 4-6 on the season with a 5.38 ERA in 12 previous starts. The right-hander has given-up a total of 30 earned runs in his last five starts after giving-up just four in his previous four outings. Floyd is 1-0 against the Cardinals with a 1.29 ERA.
A fast start has given way to a bit of a June slide for St. Louis with just four wins in its last 10 games. The Cardinals have fallen three games behind Cincinnati in the NL Central with an overall record of 31-31. They are now .500 across the board with a 17-17 record on the road to go along with a 14-14 record at home. The total has stayed ‘under’ in five of their last six games.
St. Louis has been streaky at the plate over the past week or so with just six total runs in its last four games after belting out 31 runs in its previous four. It will look to Jake Westbrook to provide some stability on the mound but that could be a tall task given his recent form. The right-hander is 4-6 with a 4.25 ERA in 12 previous starts. He held Cleveland to three earned runs on eight hits in his last start but gave-up a total of 16 earned runs on 22 hits in his previous three outings. Lifetime against the White Sox, Westbrook is 8-13 with an ERA of 5.25.
The ‘over’ could be a solid play in this contest with both these pitchers struggling to make outs. Stick with Chicago’s bats to get the best of it on Thursday night to help secure the win. Chicago 6 St. Louis 4
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013