College Football Betting Strategies: Week 13
College Football Strategies: Rivalry Week a Different Week
This is more than just week 13 of the college football season. This is Thanksgiving week and every year with the holidays comes the best week of the college football season, rivalry week.
This is the week that rivals face off against one another the only time this year as they try and make a point in what some schools consider the biggest game of the season. As a handicapper it is important to address these weeks and circle some of the biggest games on the schedule.
For example this week the Iron Bowl takes place. For those that don’t know, the Iron Bowl is the game between the Alabama Crimson Tide and the Auburn Tigers. The Crimson Tide is one of the top-ranked teams in all of college football and there is a very good chance they will be playing in the BCS National Championship. All they have to do is win out and they will most likely get an invite barring a BCS nightmare.
The Auburn Tigers are having a disaster season. They are only a few years removed from a National Championship and they have completely exploded. They have to rebuild and will most likely have a new head coach next year, unless of course they can pull off the upset. The Tide is 31 point favorites over Auburn and although there is seemingly no chance the Tigers can pull off the upset, anything can happen in rivalry weekend.
That is just one of the many games this week that highlight rivalries. From Georgia vs. Georgia Tech to Oregon vs. Oregon State, the rivalries will be out in full force in week 13 of the college football season. Before picking the outcome of any games this week make sure to take rivalry week into consideration.
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- 2014 NBA Playoffs Preview: No. 2 Oklahoma City Thunder vs. No. 7 Memphis Grizzlies - April 19, 2014
- 2014 NBA Playoffs Preview: No. 1 Indiana Pacers vs. No. 8 Atlanta Hawks - April 19, 2014
- 2014 NBA Playoffs Preview: No. 3 LA Clippers vs. No. 6 Golden State Warriors - April 19, 2014
- 2014 NBA Playoffs Preview: No. 3 Toronto Raptors vs. No. 6 Brooklyn Nets - April 19, 2014
- NHL Playoffs Pick: Los Angeles Kings vs San Jose Sharks - April 17, 2014