Colorado Rockies vs Detroit Tigers MLB Free Pick
Starting Pitchers: Starting Pitchers: Colorado (Francis) vs. Detroit (Crosby)
Date/Time: June 15, 7:05 P.M. EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Odds from 5Dimes
Moneyline: Moneyline: Tigers (-146) Rockies (+136)
MLB Betting Game Trends
- Colorado is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Colorado’s last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Colorado’s last 10 games on the road
- Colorado is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Colorado’s last 12 games when playing Detroit
- Detroit is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Detroit’s last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Detroit’s last 10 games at home
- Detroit is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Detroit’s last 12 games when playing Colorado
Interleague baseball continues this weekend. Both of these teams were expected to be in a much better spot than they are right now. Colorado may not have been expected to be at the top of the NL West, but not many people thought they would be 24-38 at this point. Detroit was the huge favorite in the AL Central, but they are languishing slightly below .500. Let’s take a look at the first game of this series.
Colorado is without star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki right now, and that certainly hurts the team. Tulowitzki might be the best shortstop in the game, and he is expected to be out for several more weeks. Carlos Gonzalez is still putting up huge numbers. Gonzalez comes into this series with a .322 average and 48 RBI’s. Dexter Fowler has been red hot of late after starting the season very slowly. The Rockies offense hasn’t really been the problem. Colorado averages 5.10 runs per game.
Colorado’s pitching staff is dead last in the majors in team ERA at 5.42. Jeff Francis wasn’t even signed to a major league roster at the beginning of the season, but the Rockies are giving him a chance now. Francis allowed eight earned runs in less than 4 innings in his first start of the year last week. Rockies starters have only 17 quality starts so far in 2012.
The Detroit Tigers were expected to do big things this year, but they have been a major disappointment so far this season. Detroit has the best pitcher in baseball in Justin Verlander, but the rest of the rotation has been terrible. The team is desperately looking for someone to step up and give them a solid outing on a regular basis. Casey Crosby will make only his third major league start in this one. He was hit hard in first outing against the Yankees. He improved a bit in his second start, but he continued to struggle with his control. Crosby has allowed seven walks in less than nine innings of work.
Prince Fielder was the big acquisition of the offseason, and he has produced in a big way for the offense. Fielder is hitting .314 with 10 homers and 41 RBI’s so far this year. Miguel Cabrera leads the team with 13 homers and 51 RBI’s. Austin Jackson came back in the lineup this week, and he gives the team a major boost from the leadoff spot. The Tigers have struggled with men in scoring position. Detroit is fifth in the majors in team batting average, but they average just 4.43 runs per game.
MLB Free Pick: Tigers ML
The Rockies are a mess right now. Colorado is just 9-17 away from home this year. Detroit has won four of their last five, and I expect them to keep the momentum going here.
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014