Colorado State Rams vs. Louisville Cardinals Pick
March Madness Picks
Date/Time: March 23, 2013 5:15 pm EST
College Basketball Odds from Bookmaker
Point Spread: Louisville -10.5
Basketball Betting Game Trends
Colorado State Rams
- Colorado State is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games.
- Colorado State is 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games overall.
- Colorado State is 0-4 ATS in their last 4 Saturday games.
- Colorado State is 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a S.U. win.
- Louisville is 6-0 ATS in their last 6 NCAA Tournament games.
- Louisville is 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Louisville is 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Louisville is 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games overall.
- Louisville is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a SU win of more than 20 points.
The Colorado State Rams were the only Mountain West team to impress on Thursday. The Rams dominated the boards en route to a big win over Missouri in their first game. Louisville took care of business as expected, and the Cardinals looked the part of the number one overall seed in the tournament in the first contest. Can Colorado State give Louisville a tough game here?
Colorado State drew a tough number nine seed in the Missouri Tigers, but Larry Eustachy’s Rams didn’t let that slow them down. Colorado State leads the nation in rebounding margin, and they showed their prowess on the boards in their opening win. Louisville is a really tough matchup for Colorado State, and the Rams will have to win the battle on the boards to try to offset what will likely be a loss in the turnover battle. Colorado State isn’t accustomed to seeing full court pressure like Louisville uses. The pressure will be on Wes Eikmeyer and Dorian Green to make good decisions with the basketball.
Colorado State doesn’t play at a particularly fast paced, but they are very efficient on the offensive end. Colton Iverson, Pierce Hornung, and Greg Smith may be the most underrated frontcourt in all of basketball. Louisville’s strong defense led by shot blocker Gorgui Dieng will definitely present a major challenge for them in this contest. Colorado State only shoots 33.7 percent from beyond the arc as a team, and Louisville is going to try to make the Rams settle for long range jumpers in this one.
Louisville did what they were expected to do in their win over NC A&T on Thursday. The Cardinals defensive pressure was far too much for the Aggies. Rick Pitino’s team is second in the nation in forced turnovers (behind only VCU). You know they will be pressing Colorado State in a big way at some point in this game, but Pitino likes to switch up the defenses and keep the opponent guessing. Louisville is different than most teams that press in that they are a great half court defense team as well. Opponents don’t find easy layups off the Cardinals press. The Cardinals are holding opponents to just 57.7 points per game.
Coach Pitino has said he is thinking about changing up the team’s lineup to counter Colorado State’s major rebounding advantage. The Cardinals offense is led by Russ Smith who averages 18.2 points per game. Smith is one of those guys who can make poor decisions at times, but he is an extremely explosive scorer. Peyton Siva is one of the best point guards in the country. He isn’t a prolific scorer, but he is a great floor general and leader for this team. Siva needs to stay out of foul trouble, which has been a problem at times for him.
Free Pick: Over 134.5
Louisville won’t let this turn into a slow paced game, and the Cardinals defense should force plenty of turnovers. The Rams should score on second chance points.
Louisville 74 Colorado State 64
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/21 and 4/22 - April 21, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/17 and 4/18 - April 19, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/14 and 4/15 - April 14, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/10 and 4/11 - April 10, 2014
- MLB Betting Trends for Series Starting 4/7 - April 7, 2014