Connecticut vs. Syracuse Picks
College Football Picks
Date/Time: October 19th, 8:00 pm EST
College Football Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Syracuse -4
Football Betting Game Trends
- Connecticut is 0-4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Connecticut’s last 7 games
- Connecticut is 0-3-2 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Connecticut is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Syracuse
- Syracuse is 1-10 ATS in its last 11 games
- Syracuse is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Syracuse is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
NCAA Football – Week 8
The Carrier Dome will be the site of Friday night’s crucial NCAA football betting tilt, as the Connecticut Huskies look to knock off the Syracuse Orange.
The Huskies know that they need to go 3-2 over the course of their last five games of the season to make it to a bowl game this year, which has to be considered the top priority. A loss to the Temple Owls at home on Saturday makes this task virtually impossible though, knowing that three of the last five are on the road and all of the easiest games in the Big East have already been played. This really is a must win proposition. This is a team that runs the clock as quickly as possible, and it isn’t a mistake that the ‘under’ is 5-2 in UConn’s seven games this year. The Huskies rank 109th in the land in total defense and 111th in scoring. On the other side of the ball though, Connecticut is one of the best teams in the country. The Huskies rank No. 6 in total defense, No. 8 in pass defense, No. 13 in rush defense, and No. 16 in scoring defense.
Syracuse is still four wins away from bowl eligibility, but it also knows that with just one loss thus far in Big East play, the chances of getting into the BCS are still there as well. QB Ryan Nassib and the Orange have to get a heck of a lot more points on the board if they are going to do all of that, though. After scoring at least 28 in three straight games to start the season, including scoring 41 against the Northwestern Wildcats in Week 1, Syracuse has scored just 15 points or fewer in three straight. The likelihood is there that this team won’t be a bowl club, knowing that after this one, there are games on the road in consecutive weeks against the South Florida Bulls and Cincinnati Bearcats, then comes a home game with the Louisville Cardinals. In fact, this might be the last shot that the Cuse have at winning a game unless they really improve from here.
It’s tough to see where points are coming from in this game. With as badly as Syracuse has struggled and as quick of a game as the Huskies generally play, we have to think that this one is going to stay beneath the number when push comes to shove. This should be a very NFL type of final score. Syracuse 17 – Connecticut 14
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Cowboys vs. Bears Monday Night Football Prop Picks - December 9, 2013
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013