Dallas Cowboys vs. Washington Redskins Free NFL Pick
Date/Time: Sunday, December 30 8:20 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Washington -3
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Dallas is 7-15 ATS in its last 22 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas’s last 5 games
- Dallas is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Dallas’s last 10 games on the road
- Dallas is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing on the road against Washington
- Washington is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing Dallas
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games when playing at home against Dallas
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 6 games at home
- Washington is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
Last week’s rally against New Orleans came up short in overtime, but the Cowboys can still win the NFC East Division title with a win over the Redskins on Sunday night. The 34-31 loss to the Saints as a one-point home favorite dropped the Cowboys to 8-7 straight-up this season and to 6-9 against the spread. They are 4-3 SU (5-2 ATS) on the road and the total has now gone OVER in four of their last five games.
Dallas will need to avoid the costly mistakes that have plagued this team on both sides of the ball all season long in order to get out of FedEx Field with a win. Tony Romo continues to play at a high level and has his team ranked third in the NFL in passing yards per games and sixth in overall offense. The defense remains one of the biggest issues with the Cowboys giving-up 24 points or more in four of its last five games including the team’s 38-31 loss to the Redskins in Week 12 as a 3.5-point home favorite.
The Redskins continue to peak at just the right time with six-straight victories both SU and ATS. They are now 9-6 SU on the season and a profitable 10-5 ATS. Washington has won its last three home games to improve to 4-3 SU and ATS at home for the year. The total has gone OVER in four of its last five games.
Much has been made of rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III’s performance this season and rightly so. However, another big factor for Washington’s success has been the play of rookie running back Alfred Morris, who has rushed for 1,413 yards and 10 touchdowns. The Redskins are ranked 18th in the NFL in passing yards per game but first in rushing with an average of 162.3 yards a game. The net result has been an offense that is putting-up 27.2 points a game which is the fourth-highest total in the league.
The three-point spread is right on the money as this should remain a tight game that could very easily head into overtime. The Redskins have covered the spread in the last five meetings and with the overall edge in momentum heading into this showdown make it sixth straight ATS over Dallas with the win and its first division title since 1999.
Washington 33 Dallas 27
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013