Dallas Mavericks vs. Boston Celtics Picks
Date/Time: December 12th, 8:00 pm EST
Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Boston -5.5
NBA Betting Trends
- Dallas is 10-3 SU in its last 13 games when playing on the road against Boston
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Dallas’s last 7 games when playing Boston
- Dallas is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Boston
- Dallas is 4-13 SU in its last 17 games on the road
- Boston is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games when playing at home against Dallas
- Boston is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games when playing at home against Dallas
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Boston’s last 7 games when playing Dallas
- Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
NBA – December 12th
Before heading over to the Lone Star State later this week, the Lone Star State is coming to Beantown, as the Boston Celtics try to beat the NBA odds against the Dallas Mavericks at the TD Garden on Wednesday night.
The Mavericks are one of the many teams in the Western Conference that are in some trouble at this point. They’re just a game above .500, and they have gone a woeful 4-7 SU and 5-6 ATS on the road this year. F Dirk Nowitzki still isn’t back in the lineup quite yet though, and we know that the squad will look a heck of a lot more complete when he is back in there. The trend is in the right direction tonight though, as the team has won three in a row and is playing in a series in which it has had pretty good luck in over the years. Look out for G OJ Mayo, who has really lit it up of late. Mayo has gone off for averages of 27.3 points, 6.7 boards, and 4.0 assists per game over the course of his last three nights, and he has been shooting lights out from the floor. As a result, these last two games have featured 116 and 119 points for the Mavs, and that’s obviously going to be more than enough to win a heck of a lot of games at this level.
The Celtics are coming off of a split against the Philadelphia 76ers from over the weekend, and they have had three days off in a row to prepare for this one. The team is shooting the ball well, knocking down 49.6 percent of its shots over the course of the last three games, but the offense is still averaging just 96.7 points per game in that stretch. That also comes with an extra five points that were put on the board in OT in the game in the City of Brotherly Love as well. Teams from the West Coast have had very little luck coming to Beantown of late. Since the San Antonio Spurs knocked off the Celtics here at the TD Garden, three teams have come from the West to Boston, and all three have been beaten, beaten by at least eight points, and covered. The C’s are also 3-0-1 ATS in their last four games as home favorites of between five and 10.5 points, which is where they are sitting tonight for this one.
This is a pivotal stretch of the season for the Celtics, and we think that they are going to be in a heck of a lot of trouble as a result for their work against the teams from Texas. Go with the Mavs and the points in what should be a very close game one way or the other. Dallas 95 – Boston 93
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Cowboys vs. Bears Monday Night Football Prop Picks - December 9, 2013
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013