Dallas Mavericks vs. Los Angeles Clippers Pick
Date/Time: January 9th, 10:30 pm EST
NBA Odds from WagerWeb
Point Spread: Los Angeles -10.5
NBA Betting Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Dallas’s last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Dallas’s last 17 games when playing on the road against LA Clippers
- Dallas is 17-4 SU in their last 21 games when playing LA Clippers
- Dallas is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
Los Angeles Clippers
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of the LA Clippers last 17 games when playing at home against Dallas
- LA Clippers are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Dallas
- LA Clippers are 4-17 SU in their last 21 games when playing Dallas
- LA Clippers are 19-2 SU in their last 21 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of the LA Clippers last 6 games
NBA – January 9th
The Dallas Mavericks are one of the biggest disappointments of the NBA season thus far. Dallas sits at just 13-22 on the year. They have lost nine of their last ten games. On the other side, the Los Angeles Clippers have the best record in the league. It seems like the Clippers are ready to take that next step and be a true contender in the playoffs this year.
Dirk Nowitzki is slowly being worked back into the lineup for Dallas, but it hasn’t helped the team yet. Nowitzki is obviously a difference maker, but he doesn’t look particularly healthy right now. He has played more than 30 minutes in the past two games, so it appears the team is trying to start stretching out his time a little bit. The Mavericks haven’t gotten the kind of contribution they expected out of Elton Brand in the post this year. Dallas is one of the worst rebounding teams in the league. The Mavericks constantly give up second chance layups to their opponents.
O.J. Mayo has been a major bright spot for the Mavericks this season. After being shuffled out of the lineup in Memphis, he has starred with Dallas this year. Mayo is averaging 18.3 points per game (he averaged 12.6 last season). Darren Collison has done a solid job taking over the point guard spot as well. The biggest problem for Dallas has been their lack of defense. The Mavericks are allowing 103.1 points per game this year, which is the third worst mark in the NBA.
The Clippers had a bit of turbulent season last year, but they showed they were capable of big things. It appears they are finally putting it all together this season. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin are still doing a great job, but the rest of the talent around them has really stepped up this year. You could make a good argument that Jamal Crawford has been the biggest offseason pickup in the NBA so far this season. Crawford is averaging 16.5 points per game, and he has taken a lot of weight off the shoulders of Griffin and Paul. His scoring has been just what the doctor ordered for this team.
Los Angeles is one of the deepest teams in the NBA. The Clippers have seven guys averaging 8.7 points per game or more, and all of them are capable of taking over the game at any point. Defensively, the Clippers have taken a major step forward this year. Opponents are averaging only 93.1 points per game against them. DeAndre Jordan changes a lot of shots in the paint, and Griffin has improved on this end of the floor as well. Overall, the Clippers are just a well-balanced team.
Free Pick: Mavericks +10.5
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014