Denver Nuggets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Free NBA Picks
Date/Time: Tuesday, March 19, 8 p.m. (ET)
Television: NBA TV
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Oklahoma City -8.5
NBA Betting Trends
- Denver is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Oklahoma City
- Denver is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Denver is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games when playing Oklahoma City
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Denver’s last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 16 of Denver’s last 24 games
Oklahoma City Thunder
- Oklahoma City is 2-5-1 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Denver
- Oklahoma City is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Denver
- Oklahoma City is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Denver
- Oklahoma City is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games when playing Denver
- Oklahoma City is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
While the betting public was probably glued to Monday night’s Miami verse Boston game, the Nuggets quietly extended their current winning streak to 12 games with a thrilling 119-118 overtime victory over Chicago as 3.5-point road favorites. They now have a quick turnaround for tonight’s contest which could help explain the larger than expected spread for this game. Health should not be an issue for Denver as right now its injury report remains clean.
Wilson Chandler came up big in last night’s win over the Bulls with 35 points, but Denver has been getting it done all season long with a host of players including Ty Lawson, Corey Brewer, Andre Iguodala and Andre Miller; making it the most dangerous team in the Western Conference heading into this year’s playoffs. The Nuggets have also been an extremely profitable team to wager on during their run with a 10-1-1 record against the spread in their last 12 games. The total has stayed UNDER in four of their last six games.
Oklahoma City is well aware that this could be a statement game if it were to lose at home, but it also knows that it needs to keep stringing together victories to keep pace with San Antonio in the chase for the No.1 seed in the West. With an 8-2 SU record in their last 10 games, the Thunder trail the Spurs by just one game in the current standings.
Another reason for the hefty spread in this matchup is the way Oklahoma City has played at home this season. It has won its last seven home games to improve to 30-4 SU at Chesapeake Energy Arena this year. The Thunder are 24-10 ATS at home this season and the total has stayed UNDER in four of their last six home games.
Denver finds itself in a tough place to try and keep its winning streak alive, but you know this team is not going down without a fight. Going to overtime against Chicago will be a definite fatigue factor in Tuesday night’s contest, but even if the Nuggets do lose SU stick with them all the way to still cover with the 8.5 points.
Oklahoma City 109 Denver 106
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013