Denver Nuggets vs. Houston Rockets NBA Free Pick
Date/Time: Wednesday, Jan.23, 8 p.m. (ET)
Television: NBA TV
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Houston -1.5
NBA Betting Trends
- Denver is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Houston
- Denver is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Houston
- Denver is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of Denver’s last 20 games on the road
- Denver is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Houston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Denver
- Houston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Denver
- Houston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Denver
- Houston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Denver
- Houston is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games at home
Denver has now won seven of its last nine games straight-up after this past Sunday’s 121-118 overtime victory over Oklahoma City as a one-point underdog at home. Its overall record is 25-18 and it has gone a profitable 24-19 against the spread. Most of the Nuggets’ problems this season have come on the road where they are 9-15 SU but they are still an even 12-12 ATS. The total went well OVER the 208.5-point total line against the Thunder and it has gone OVER in seven of their last eight games.
The Nuggets remains one of the highest scoring teams in the NBA with an average of 103.1 points a game and they also ranked near the top in rebounds with 45.7, which is a powerful combination to have. Their biggest strength could be balance with six different players scoring in double figures and a bench that is averaging over 50 points a game. Danilo Gallinari is the teams leading scorer with 16.6 points a game and Ty Lawson is second with an average of 14.4 points while adding a team-high 6.8 assists.
It has been a rough stretch of road games for Houston, which snapped a seven-game losing streak this past Monday night with a 100-94 victory over Charlotte as a seven-point road favorite. The Rockets are a dismal 8-14 SU this season away from home, but they return home for this contest with a 14-7 SU (13-8 ATS) record at the Toyota Center. Overall, they are 22-21 SU (21-21-1 ATS) and the total has stayed UNDER in five of their last eight games.
Statistically speaking, Houston matches up extremely well against Denver with 104.4 points and 42.9 rebounds a game. However, it comes in ranked last in the league in points allowed; giving up an average of 103.2 points a game, which is slightly more than the 100.8 points a game the Nuggets are allowing. The Rockets also have six different players scoring at least 10 or more points a game with James Harden leading the way with 25.9 points a game.
There is little doubt that this should be a high scoring affair with two of the best offensive teams on the floor but current form and recent trends give the edge to Denver. The Nuggets have won the past four meetings both SU and ATS including a 93-87 road victory on Nov.7 as 2.5-point underdogs and make it five in a row with a SU victory Wednesday night.
Denver 104 Houston 101
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013