Denver Nuggets vs. Los Angeles Lakers Pick
Date/Time: November 30, 10:30 pm EST
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Lakers -4.5
NBA Betting Trends
- Denver is 8-15-1 ATS in their last 24 games when playing on the road against LA Lakers
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Denver’s last 8 games when playing on the road against LA Lakers
- Denver is 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against LA Lakers
- Denver is 3-6 SU in their last 9 games when playing LA Lakers
Los Angeles Lakers
- LA Lakers are 3-5-1 ATS in their last 9 games when playing at home against Denver
- LA Lakers are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Denver
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of the LA Lakers last 8 games when playing at home against Denver
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of the LA Lakers last 13 games when playing Denver
The star-studded Los Angeles Lakers are 7-8 through their first 15 games of the season. Mike Brown has already been fired and Mike D’Antoni is in the process of implementing his offense in Los Angeles. Denver is 8-8 on the year, but they seem to be playing better basketball of late. The Nuggets have won four of their last six games. Let’s take a look at this Friday night Western Conference showdown.
The Denver Nuggets roster looks quite a bit different than it did at this time last year. Kenneth Faried is now the main man down low, and Andre Iguodala is the team’s top scoring option. Both of those newcomers have been key contributors so far this year. Faried is averaging 13.2 points and 11.1 rebounds per game. His athleticism is an asset to this team in the frontcourt. Faried is a great shot blocker, and that has helped this Nuggets team in a big way. Iguodala is one of the league’s best defenders on the wing, and he has instantly made this defense better.
The Nuggets momentum slowed a bit late last night when the Golden State Warriors came from behind to beat Denver 106-105 in Golden State. The Nuggets had an eight point lead with 10 minutes remaining, but they were unable to hold on. Denver will still be questioned by many observers about their ability to win in close games. The Nuggets pushed the Lakers to seven games in the playoffs last year, but they were unable to pull off the upset.
The Los Angeles Lakers only mustered 77 points in an embarrassing performance against Indiana on Tuesday night. Kobe Bryant scored 40 of those 77 points despite having the flu on Tuesday. Obviously, the rest of the team was pathetic on Tuesday. Mike D’Antoni was brought in to get the Lakers offense going. D’Antoni said he expects this team to be scoring 110 to 115 points per game eventually, but right now there seem to be some real problems. Pau Gasol is rumored in many deals, because it is unclear if he is going to fit in this system. There are many questions and few answers right now.
Steve Nash and Steve Blake are still both injured, and Darius Morris is starting at point guard for the Lakers. Morris has struggled mightily in the last few games, and Lakers fans can’t wait for Nash and Blake to get healthy. Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol’s numbers are down, but that will likely continue in D’Antoni’s system. He has said multiple times that he doesn’t look to feed the post all that often in his system, so it will be up to them to scrap for chances in the paint. Even though this team doesn’t look great currently, the Lakers talent should help them improve as the season moves along.
Free Pick: Over 205
The Nuggets are the perfect opportunity for the Lakers to push the tempo against. Denver plays as fast as anyone in the league. Look for a fast-paced game where both offenses shine.
Lakers 107 Nuggets 102
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014