Detriot Tigers @ Boston Red Sox Pick
Starting Pitchers: Porcello (Detroit) vs. Cook (Boston)
Date/Time: Wednesday, August 1 7:10 p.m. (ET)
MLB Odds from VietBet
Moneyline: Detroit -110 Boston -110
MLB Betting Game Trends
- Detroit is 15-8 SU in its last 23 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Detroit’s last 12 games
- Detroit is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- Detroit is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Detroit’s last 9 games on the road
Boston Red Sox
- Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Boston’s last 8 games when playing Detroit
- Boston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Detroit
- Boston is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games when playing at home against Detroit
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boston’s last 6 games when playing at home against Detroit
Tigers and Red Sox close-out a three-game set at Fenway
It has been a rough road trip for Detroit so far with just two victories in its last seven games away from home. It was hammered 7-3 as a 107 road underdog in Game 1 of this series on Monday night to fall to 54-49 overall. The Tigers are now a game and half behind Chicago in the AL Central and two games back in the wildcard race. Monday’s loss dropped them to 26-28 on the road this season. The total went ‘over’ the 9.5 line, but has stayed ‘under’ in six of the Tigers’ last 10 games.
Detroit has done a fairly good job at putting runs on the board this season, but its offensive production has dropped off dramatically during this road trip with an average of just three runs a game. The Tigers will send Rick Porcello to the mound on Wednesday. The right-hander is 7-6 on the year with a 4.56 ERA which is slightly higher than their team ERA of 4.00. He gave-up five runs on six hits to Toronto last Friday to get tagged with his first loss in his last six starts.
Boston’s win on Monday pushed its overall record back over .500 to 52-51 to keep it four games back in the wildcard race. It also snapped a three-game home losing streak to leave the Red Sox with a 26-28 record at home this season. The total has now gone ‘over’ in three of their last four games.
The Red Sox have put 18 runs on the board in their last three games after scoring just nine runs in their previous four games combined. Overall, they are still the highest scoring team in the AL with an average of 4.92 runs per game. Boston will go with Aaron Cook as its starter for the series finale. He is 2-4 in seven previous starts this season with an ERA of 4.50. After a solid stretch of games between late June and mid-July, the right-hander has yielded a total of nine earned runs in his last two outings.
Boston has won four of the last five meetings at home heading into Tuesday night’s Game 2, but stick with the Tigers to come out on top this Wednesday as they find just enough offense to get out of Fenway with a much needed win on the road. Detroit 6 Boston 5
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013