Detroit Lions vs. Green Bay Packers Free NFL Pick
Date/Time: Sunday, Dec.9 8:20 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Green Bay -7
NFL Betting Game Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Green Bay
- Detroit is 3-10 ATS in its last 13 games when playing Green Bay
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit’s last 7 games when playing Green Bay
- Detroit is 5-14-2 ATS in its last 21 games when playing on the road against Green Bay
Green Bay Packers
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Green Bay’s last 5 games when playing at home against Detroit
- Green Bay is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Detroit
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Green Bay’s last 7 games when playing Detroit
- Green Bay is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
Detroit’s brief run at a return trip to the playoffs this season came to an end with a current four-game losing streak that dropped its overall record to 4-8 straight-up and 5-7 against the spread. Give credit to the Lions for keeping things close against Houston and Indianapolis the past two weeks, but this team has forgotten how to close-out games to get the win.
This has been especially true with a Lions’ defense that has been torched for an average of 31.8 points a game during this four-game skid. The offense, led by quarterback Matthew Stafford has been able to keep all four of these contests relatively close with 27 points of its own, but it the end it has not been enough.
Green Bay continues to battle it out with Chicago for the NFC North title with both teams currently sitting at 8-4 SU. The Packers bounced back from a 38-10 rout as one-point road underdogs at the hands of the New York Giants on Nov.25 with a relatively solid 23-14 victory this past Sunday as seven-point favorites at home. They are 6-6 ATS this season and the total has stayed UNDER in four of their last five games.
This team continues to have a hard time consistently running the ball and may have just lost James Starks for the season with a torn ACL. As long as Aaron Rodgers lines up under center, it still has an excellent chance to win. Last season’s league MVP has already thrown for 3,124 yards and 29 touchdowns while completing 67.4 percent of his throws. The defense has been decimated with injuries and has four players listed as questionable for Sunday’s game. Despite all this, Green Bay has the Lions right where it wants them in this showdown; at home in Lambeau in December.
The last two losses had to take a ton of steam out of Detroit and now it has to go on the road to face a team it has lost to nine times SU in the last 10 meetings. Green Bay remains one of the most banged-up teams in the league, but it knows exactly what is on the line in this game. Stick with the Packers giving the seven points all the way on Sunday night.
Green Bay 28 Detroit 17
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013