Diamondbacks @ Giants Baseball Free Pick
Starting Pitchers: Arizona Diamondbacks (Saunders) vs. San Francisco Giants (Vogelsong)
Date/Time: May 29th, 10:15 PM EST
Television: MLB Network
MLB Betting Odds from BetDSI
Moneyline: Diamondbacks (+110) Giants (-120)
MLB Betting Game Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Arizona’s last 9 games on the road
- Arizona is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games when playing San Francisco
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Arizona’s last 7 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
- Arizona is 6-16 SU in its last 22 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
San Francisco Giants
- San Francisco is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 7 games
- San Francisco is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- San Francisco is 3-9 SU in its last 12 games when playing Arizona
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 7 games when playing at home against Arizona
- San Francisco is 16-6 SU in its last 22 games when playing at home against Arizona
Now that Memorial Day has passed, it is time to sink our teeth into some more of the great MLB betting action on the docket for the rest of this week. The Arizona Diamondbacks are set to square off with the San Francisco Giants in the second game of this NL West series.
Arizona just doesn’t feel like a team that is going to be winning the NL West for the second straight season. Even now as a relatively healthy squad, the D’Backs are five-games below .500, and they are just now playing all that well at the moment. Yes, there are some series wins to discuss, including taking two out of three from the Milwaukee Brewers before coming here to the Bay Area, but there just hasn’t been a dominating run yet this year to speak of. Joe Saunders is going to get the ball on Tuesday night. He has had quite the average year, going 3-3 with a 3.79 ERA. He has two remarkable starts this year (seven scoreless innings against San Diego and a complete game shutout against Miami) and two awful starts this year (3.1 innings, 7 runs vs. St. Louis and 5.0 innings, 6 runs vs. San Francisco), and everything else has been fairly average. That’s about all that you’re getting out of Saunders, who is 72-55 in his 170 starts in his career with a rather mediocre 4.14 ERA.
The Giants aren’t exactly lighting the world on fire right now either. They have won two games in a row, but they have just seven runs scored in those two games. They’re still fighting in the playoff race in the National League, but they know that they are going to have to improve offensively to get the job done. The good news is that Ryan Vogelsong is going to be on the hill on Tuesday night, and he has arguably been the hottest pitcher on the staff. The righty is 3-0 in his last four starts, and over the course of his last five, he has allowed just a total of six earned runs. Vogelsong is 3-2 with a 2.50 ERA in total this season, and he really doesn’t have an awful start to his credit. Remember, this was a man that was basically out of baseball in the late 2000s until surfacing last year with the Giants to go 13-7 with a 2.71 ERA in his 28 starts. Now, he feels like a man that can lead this staff, which is saying something considering how much stock the team has in Matt Cain and Tim Lincecum.
That makes our decision an easy one. Vogelsong just keeps finding ways to win, and we aren’t ones to ignore that fact. Saunders is nothing but a whole bunch of average, and he has already gotten spanked this year by the Giants. We’re not saying that San Fran is going to come out and put eight runs on the board, but we do think that it will hold serve at home and take care of the Diamondbacks on Tuesday.
Arizona Diamondbacks @ San Francisco Giants Pick: San Francisco Giants (-120)
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- NFL Betting By the Numbers: Week 14 - December 5, 2013
- NBA Pick: Miami Heat vs. Chicago Bulls - December 5, 2013
- NFL Pick of the Week – 2013 Week 14 - December 4, 2013
- NBA Pick: San Antonio Spurs vs. Minnesota Timberwolves - December 4, 2013
- NHL Pick: Philadelphia Flyers vs. Detroit Red Wings - December 4, 2013