College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: January 12th, 12:00 pm ET
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Duke -3
Basketball Betting Game Trends
Duke Blue Devils
- Duke is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Duke’s last 5 games when playing on the road against North Carolina St
- Duke is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against North Carolina St
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Duke’s last 5 games on the road
NC State Wolfpack
- North Carolina State is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Duke
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of North Carolina State’s last 13 games when playing Duke
- North Carolina State is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games when playing Duke
- North Carolina State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- North Carolina State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of North Carolina State’s last 5 games when playing at home against Duke
NCAA Basketball Pick – January 12th
A pair of high flying teams from the ACC are going to meet on Saturday afternoon in NCAA basketball betting action, as the Duke Blue Devils pay a visit to the NC State Wolfpack.
The Blue Devils still haven’t been beaten this year, and they have seemingly played better away from Cameron Indoor Stadium than in it. In fact, the team is 6-0 ATS in neutral site games this year, though this is the very first game that is a legitimate road game. The Dookies have been all over the place offensively, scoring 68, 80, and 67 in their last three games. With F Ryan Kelly out of the fold injured, there are really just four scoring options left on this team. F Mason Plumlee, G Seth Curry G Quinn Cook, and G Rasheed Sulaimon are the only men on this team that are healthy and are averaging more than just 3.8 points per game. It’s going to be tough to have really just one big time big man, and Plumlee is going to have to be tremendous to win this game on the road. The good news is that he is averaging 17.7 points and 11.4 boards per game, but the bad news is that he is the only big time rebounder left in the fold.
The opportunity is there for the Wolfpack to do themselves some major favors when it comes to the NCAA Tournament. Many think that this team has the ability to play in the Final Four this year, and with the talent that NC State is bringing to the table, it’s no wonder why many think that. Granted, this is only a team that goes six players deep, but all six players are averaging at least 10.0 points per game. There are no medical problems to worry about, and the good news with Kelly out, is that the big men like F CJ Leslie, F Richard Howell, and F TJ Warren can roam free in the paint and get things done on the glass. The bad news is if this one is lost, at home, with one of Duke’s best players not playing, it’s tough to see how this team is going to be able to beat some of the best in the land in the biggest spots that all of sports have to offer.
For as much as we would like to back the Pack, we just can’t do it right now. We need to see NC State beat someone first of note before wanting to only take 3.5 points against the No. 1 team in the country, even in this situation. That being said, we’re not really ready to back Duke without Kelly for the first time on the road either. Go with the ‘under’ in this one, knowing that offense could be problematic, relatively speaking, for both of these teams. NC State 71 – Duke 70
is a staff writer living in the Orlando area. He has covered NFL, MLB, college football, CFL, AFL, NBA, college basketball, NASCAR, golf, tennis, and the NHL for a number of various outlets in his career, and he has been published by a number of different media outlets, including the Orlando Sentinel and the Wall Street Journal.