Florida Gulf Coast vs. Florida March Madness Pick
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: March 29th, 2013 9:57 ET
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Florida -13
Basketball Betting Game Trends
Florida Gulf Coast Eagles
- Florida Gulf Coast is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 Friday games.
- Florida Gulf Coast is 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games following a S.U. win.
- Florida Gulf Coast is 8-0 ATS in their last 8 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Florida Gulf Coast is 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win.
- Florida Gulf Coast is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 non-conference games.
- Florida is 18-5 ATS in their last 23 NCAA Tournament games.
- Florida is 14-6 ATS in their last 20 games following a ATS win.
- Florida is 11-5-1 ATS in their last 17 non-conference games.
- Florida is 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Florida is 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
Cinderella has made it to the second week of the NCAA Tournament, and that means that there are going to be a heck of a lot of neutral supporters in favor of the Florida Gulf Coast Eagles. The first ever No. 15 seed to advance to the Sweet 16 will dance with their instate rivals, the Florida Gators with the final spot in the Elite Eight on the line in Dallas.
Of course, Florida Gulf Coast continues to be the story over the course of the last few days. Head Coach Andy Enfield has been all over the news, and his personal wife has even become a part of the discussion. Yes, everyone from coast to coast can tell you about his smoking hot wife and the fact that he could truly be independently wealthy. No one knew who any of these kids wearing blue and green uniforms were until a week ago, but now, they’re all darlings. G Brett Comer is becoming known as one of the more fearless point guards in the land, and everyone is trying to figure out where F Sherwood Brown gets all of his spunk from. FGCU flew up and down the court against both the Georgetown Hoyas and the San Diego State Aztecs in the first week of this tournament, and now, it is going to have another opportunity to really shine and have some fun on the biggest stage in the sport.
Florida meanwhile, is going to be questioned whether it wins this game or not. If it does, it will have advanced to the Elite Eight by beating up three double digit seeds, something that rarely happens and certainly never happens when involving both a No. 14 and a No. 15. If it loses, it will be looked upon as that team that couldn’t be lowly Florida Gulf Coast when it mattered most. Fortunately for the Gators, they haven’t played poorly at all this year against the worst teams on their slate, and they have routinely beaten up a lot of these foes as well. Florida has a slew of 20+ point wins, and a lot have come against teams of this type of caliber. Where Head Coach Billy Donovan could win this game is in the post. The big boys just aren’t there for the Eagles, and that means that F Erik Murphy could be in for a field day. The 6’10″ standout has scored 33 points and ripped down 12 boards in the first two games of the dance, and we wouldn’t be surprised if he threatened to get a double-double in this one.
We’ve heard it all about FGCU. We’ve heard that the Eagles have beaten Georgetown. And San Diego State. And Miami. And we’ve heard all about how Florida didn’t want to play against this team in the non-conference season. And we’ve heard all about the fast break. And the flashy moves. And the fact that this team goes out there and just has fun. However, Donovan has had all week to prepare for this team, and no one is overlooking it any longer. With apologies to the Eagles, they just don’t have the talent to keep up in this game, and this is going to be where that talent truly shines through. Florida 81 – Florida Gulf Coast 63
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- NFL Pick of the Week – 2013 Week 14 - December 4, 2013
- NBA Pick: San Antonio Spurs vs. Minnesota Timberwolves - December 4, 2013
- NHL Pick: Philadelphia Flyers vs. Detroit Red Wings - December 4, 2013
- NHL Puck-Line Power Poll as of 12/4/13 - December 4, 2013
- Week 14 NFL Odds Analysis - December 4, 2013