Florida Gulf Coast vs. San Diego State Pick
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: March 24th, 2013 7:10 ET
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: San Diego State -7.5
Basketball Betting Game Trends
Florida Gulf Coast Eagles
- Florida Gulf Coast is 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games following a S.U. win.
- Florida Gulf Coast is 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Florida Gulf Coast is 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games following a ATS win.
- Florida Gulf Coast is 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Florida Gulf Coast is 8-0 ATS in their last 8 neutral site games.
- Florida Gulf Coast is 10-1 ATS in their last 11 games overall.
San Diego State Aztecs
- San Diego State is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games.
- San Diego State is 5-2 ATS in their last 7 neutral site games.
- San Diego State is 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
- San Diego State is 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS win.
The Florida Gulf Coast Eagles are the sweethearts of the NCAA Tournament, and they are going to be going for their second scalp in a row on Sunday when they take on the college basketball betting lines against the San Diego State Aztecs.
At this point, we all know the story of this fledgling program that has risen from the ashes to make it to the Round of 32. The team really has the swagger to win the whole enchilada believe it or not, though we know that obviously, it is a long way away to get from here to the Final Four, and there are a lot of miracles that would need to be pulled off for that to happen. However, this is a team that can really fill up the scoreboard. The offense averages 73.3 points per game this year, and it looked every bit the role as a high flying team in the upset over the Georgetown Hoyas. G Sherwood Brown had a massive day, scoring 24 points and coming up with nine boards, while F Bernard Thompson had 23 points, seven rebounds, and a few thunderous dunks. G Brett Comer really makes this offense flow, and he had 12 points, 10 assists, and six rebounds to lead the team to the massive upset.
The Aztecs had some troubles early on against the Oklahoma Sooners, but they came out of the blocks in the second half and beat the snot out of their foes in the second half. It was a particularly good defensive game for the Mountain West reps, as the only man that they could really figure out how to stop was F Romero Osby, who came up with 22 points in the ‘W’. Meanwhile on the other side of the court, G Jamaal Franklin had a remarkable game, scoring 21 points and filling up the stat sheet with eight boards, five assists, and two steals. G James Rahon knocked down a pair of threes and had 17 points off of the bench, while F Chase Tapley scored 10 points. The team won the rebounding battle against a very physical Oklahoma team 36-28, and it managed to pick up 15 assists on its 24 made shots from the field. Most importantly is that San Diego State shot 16-of-17 from the charity stripe, and there is no doubt that the team will be winning games like these if it can knock down its shots from the foul line like that.
No. 15 seeds have had a tough time in the dance after getting out of the first round, and most of the time, the end result tends to be a blowout. It’s one thing to win one game in the NCAA Tournament and pull off a shocking upset. It’s another to do it for a second straight game in a span of just 48 hours. Go with the Aztecs to march onto the Sweet 16. San Diego State 71 – Florida Gulf Coast 62
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013
- NBA Pick: Denver Nuggets vs. Boston Celtics - December 6, 2013