Florida vs. Florida State Picks
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: December 5th, 7:00 pm EST
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Florida -4.5
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Florida’s last 6 games on the road
- Florida is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Florida State
- Florida is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
Florida State Seminoles
- Florida State is 4-10 SU in its last 14 games when playing Florida
- Florida State is 16-6 SU in its last 22 games at home
- Florida State is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games
NCAA Basketball Pick – December 5th
The Sunshine State will be ablaze on Wednesday night at the Donald L. Tucker Center, where the Florida Gators will hope to keep their undefeated season going against the Florida State Seminoles in college basketball betting action.
Florida is all the way up to the No. 5 team in the country right now, and with the way that the Kentucky Wildcats have been struggling, there is a real sentiment that this might be the best team in the SEC. The Gators have beaten all of their foes this year by at least 13 points, and though that isn’t going to continue throughout the rest of the campaign, it clearly is a great sign, especially with wins over both the Wisconsin Badgers and Marquette Golden Eagles thus far on the campaign. The key is the level of experience that this team brings to the table. G Kenny Boynton has been one of the top scorers on this team for three years now, and he has averaged 14.5 points per game to lead the club again this year. F Erik Murphy, G Mike Rosario, and F Patric Young are all double digit point scorers as well.
Meanwhile, it has been a frustrating start to the season for the Seminoles. They aren’t playing their defensive style of basketball as we have come accustomed to seeing, as every team that they have played against has put up at least 61 points against them. FSU has to get back to slowing the pace down and locking in its defense, because foes are averaging 69.3 points per game against it, and that isn’t going to cut it. The Noles have lost two games in a row here at home, the second of which was an inexcusable loss to the Mercer Bears just three nights ago. If that’s the way that the team is going to play, this will go from a team that was supposed to challenge for a spot in the Sweet 16 to one that is all of a sudden probably not really in a spot to make a gripe to get into the NCAA Tournament. G Michael Snaer has to step it up and do more offensively as well. He’s leading the team in scoring at 14.1 points per game, but he has been wildly inconsistent at times in games.
We have to think that Florida State is going to get the pace of this game back down again. The ‘under’ has gone 6-1 over the course of the last seven meetings, and a lot of that is due to the fact that the Seminoles try their best to keep the number of shots for both sides in the 40s or 50s. If that happens again, this one shouldn’t threaten the 130s. Florida 67 – Florida State 62
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013
- NBA Pick: Denver Nuggets vs. Boston Celtics - December 6, 2013