Philadelphia Flyers vs Tampa Bay Lightning Pick
Probable Goalies: Philadelphia (Bryzgalov) vs. Tampa Bay (Lindback)
Date/Time: March 18th, 7:30 PM ET
Television: NBC Sports Network
NHL Betting Odds from Bookmaker Sportsbook
Moneyline: Lightning -112
NHL Betting Game Trends
- Philadelphia is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games on the road
- Philadelphia is 4-14 SU in its last 18 games on the road
- Philadelphia is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games when playing Tampa Bay
- Philadelphia is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay Lightning
- Tampa Bay is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
- Tampa Bay is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games when playing Philadelphia
- Tampa Bay is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games at home
- Tampa Bay is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home
Underachieving teams from the Eastern Conference are going to meet at the Tampa Bay Times Forum for some NHL betting action on Monday, as the Tampa Bay Lightning take on the Philadelphia Flyers.
The Flyers have really not been playing all that well, but the hope is that a 2-1 shootout win over the New Jersey Devils, a game in which they were really outplayed, will help the team go in the right direction once again. Philly had lost four of its previous five games, and it has put together some really dismal offensive performances in the interim. The team hasn’t fired off more than 28 shots in a game in four tries, and with offensive production like that, it is clear that G Ilya Bryzgalov is going to end up losing more than he wins. This just isn’t a very good defensive team, and the net minding hasn’t been remarkable either. Another little factoid about the Flyers of note? They haven’t won more than two games in a row all season long. That’s going to have to change if they are going to get into the playoffs in the suddenly crowded Eastern Conference race, where all but one team (Florida) is going to be in the mix.
The Bolts have their share of problems as well. They at least have wins in two of their last three games, including scoring a Monday night win over the Carolina Hurricanes. However, their offense has really fallen upon hard times as well. Sure, you see seven goals scored in the last three games, 10 in the last four, and 19 in the last seven, but when you dig a little deeper, you’ll see how much missing C Vincent Lecavalier has hurt the club. The Lightning only fired off a total of 31 shots in two games combined against the Florida Panthers and the New York Islanders last week, and those were two of the worst teams in the league. The streak is now at nine straight games with no more than 29 shots on goal allowed, and in a good chunk of those games, they have been outshot by at least 10, which is going to get G Anders Lindback and G Mathieu Garon into a lot of trouble.
We’re a bit puzzled as to why the ‘total’ in this game is a whopping six. The likelihood of this game getting to seven goals just isn’t there with as poorly as both of these teams have been playing. If the averages of shots on goal per game keep up, there might not even be 45 shots between these two teams in this one, and even though these goalies are bad, seeing seven goals on 45 shots just isn’t all that likely.
Philadelphia Flyers @ Tampa Bay Lightning Pick: Under 6
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Cowboys vs. Bears Monday Night Football Prop Picks - December 9, 2013
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013