Flyers vs. Penguins Pick
Flyers vs. Penguins NHL Picks
Probable Goalies: Philadelphia (Bryzgalov) vs. Pittsburgh (Fleury)
Date/Time: February 20th, 7:30 PM ET
Television: NBC Sports Network
NHL Betting Odds from Bookmaker Sportsbook
Moneyline: Pittsburgh -170
NHL Betting Game Trends
- Philadelphia is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
- Philadelphia is 7-14 SU in its last 21 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Philadelphia’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Pittsburgh
- Philadelphia is 3-11 SU in its last 14 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Pittsburgh’s last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 7 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
- Pittsburgh is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against Philadelphia
- Pittsburgh is 16-7 SU in its last 23 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Pittsburgh’s last 17 games at home
- Pittsburgh is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
Rivals from the Atlantic Division are going to lock horns on Wednesday night in NHL betting action, as the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Philadelphia Flyers go to war in the Steel City.
The clock is starting to really tick on the Flyers, who are just 7-9-1 in 17 games this year. We have to remember that there are only 31 games left in the season, and those games are going to go very, very quickly. Winning a game on the road would be nice for a team that is just 3-8-0 thus far this season away from the City of Brotherly Love. Perhaps the 7-0 win at the New York Islanders on Presidents’ Day will be what the team needs to wrap up this road trip on a good note. The team had only scored nine goals in its first four games of the roadie before exploding for a touchdown against the Isles. G Ilya Bryzgalov also posted his first shutout of the season by stopping all 19 shots that he faced. RW Claude Giroux, who figures to be the heart and soul of the team this year, had his best game of the season on Monday as well, putting up two goals and an assist. However, he is still a -3 for the season, and that isn’t going to cut it for a team that should be a playoff team this season.
The Penguins have had a couple of days off in a row coming into this game, and that has to be a great relief for a team that played nine games in a span of just 15 days prior to this point. The condensed schedule is making life difficult on some of the aging teams in the league, but what it is also doing is letting teams that get on fire stay that way by riding the wave of momentum. Pittsburgh has scored three straight victories, putting up 11 goals in those three games, and there are now three home games on tap. We are amazed at some of the stats that this team is putting up this season. LW James Neal already has 11 goals this season, but he is only fourth on the team in scoring. C Evgeni Malkin, a year after scoring 109 points, is third on the team this season, while LW Chris Kunitz and C Sidney Crosby are the leaders. Crosby already has 24 points this season, and had this been a regular 82-game season, the leader for the Pens would be on a clip for 36 goals and 87 assists.
This just isn’t a good spot for the Flyers. Philadelphia just isn’t a good road team, and it is running into a buzz saw here at Consol Energy Arena. The season opened for the Flyers with a 3-1 loss at home against these Penguins, and that’s a similar result that we are expecting to see on Wednesday.
Philadelphia Flyers @ Pittsburgh Penguins Pick: Pittsburgh Penguins
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013
- NBA Pick: Denver Nuggets vs. Boston Celtics - December 6, 2013