Georgetown vs. Connecticut Basketball Picks
Date/Time: February 27th, 7:00 pm ET
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Georgetown -2.5
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Georgetown’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Connecticut
- Georgetown is 1-8 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Connecticut
- Georgetown is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Georgetown’s last 7 games on the road
- Connecticut is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Connecticut’s last 6 games when playing at home against Georgetown
- Connecticut is 13-5 SU in its last 18 games when playing Georgetown
- Connecticut is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Georgetown
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Connecticut’s last 6 games when playing Georgetown
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Connecticut’s last 6 games at home
NCAA Basketball Pick – February 27th
Challengers for the Big East regular season title will collide in Storrs on Wednesday night for college basketball betting action, where the Georgetown Hoyas will visit the Connecticut Huskies.
There aren’t any teams in America that are hotter than the Hoyas right now. They have won and covered nine games in a row, and the argument could be made for them being a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament should they win out in the regular season and at least get to the Big East Tournament final. This is a huge game along the way in this process, though. F Otto Porter really single-handedly carried the team over the weekend against the Syracuse Orange, putting up 33 of the team’s 57 points in the huge victory. The story in our eyes though, is this defense. Head Coach John Thompson III probably deserves to be Big East Coach of the Year. He has convinced his team to keep playing hard on the defensive side of the court, and even without F Greg Whittington in the fold, the Hoyas are still getting the job done defensively. The 46 points allowed was the lowest mark that a team had ever held down Orange down to at the Carrier Dome.
Of course, Head Coach Kevin Ollie probably deserves some consideration for the Coach of the Year honor in the Big East, too. UConn had every reason in the world to go into the tank this year, as it is ineligible for the postseason. Perhaps the team will give up down the stretch, but with just four games left and the finish line in sight, it is tough to see how that will happen. G Shabazz Napier is really playing like a madman right now. He is Connecticut’s leading scorer at 17.2 points per game, and he is really turning into one of the stars of the Big East. G Ryan Boatright, G Omar Calhoun and the gang will have their work cut out for them tonight against a fantastic Georgetown defense, but these are three men that can shoot their way past a number of the big guns in the Big East.
There’s a point that the run for the Hoyas has to come to a close, and this feels like the game in which that is going to happen. Georgetown has a great team, and we think that it can win the Big East Tournament, but this is the last big time home game of the year for Connecticut, and it isn’t going to lose out on the opportunity to pull off the upset. Connecticut 63 – Georgetown 59
is a staff writer living in the Orlando area. He has covered NFL, MLB, college football, CFL, AFL, NBA, college basketball, NASCAR, golf, tennis, and the NHL for a number of various outlets in his career, and he has been published by a number of different media outlets, including the Orlando Sentinel and the Wall Street Journal.