Georgia Bulldogs vs South Carolina Gamecocks Free Pick
College Football Picks
Date/Time: Saturday, October 6, 7:00 pm EST
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: South Carolina -2
Football Betting Game Trends
- Georgia is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Georgia is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Georgia’s last 5 games
- Georgia is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Georgia’s last 14 games when playing South Carolina
South Carolina Gamecocks
- South Carolina is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- South Carolina is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of South Carolina’s last 12 games at home
- South Carolina is 4-0-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Georgia
- South Carolina is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games when playing Georgia
NCAA Football – Week 6
Georgia has steamrolled its way to a 5-0 straight-up (2-3 against the spread) start behind an offense that is ranked eighth in the nation in scoring with an average of 48.2 points a game. The Bulldogs are a perfect 3-0 SU in conference play with dominating victories over Missouri, Vanderbilt, and Tennessee in which they outscored their opponents by a combined 140-67. The total has gone OVER in all five games.
The Bulldogs bring a balanced attack into this showdown with an average of 285.6 yards in the air and 250.4 yards on the ground. Aaron Murray has completed 68.2 percent of his passes for 1,370 yards and 12 touchdowns. Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall have combined for 956 yards and 14 touchdowns on the ground.
The old ball coach Steve Spurrier has his Gamecocks at 5-0 SU and 4-1 ATS. They have already knocked-off Vanderbilt, Missouri, and Kentucky in the conference by a combined score of 86-40 and are averaging 36.6 points a game. The total has gone OVER in three of their five games this year.
While South Carolina’s offense has been effective so far, it is its defense that has this team ranked in the top 10. The Gamecocks are ranked sixth in the country in points allowed; giving-up an average of just 11.2 points a game. Nobody they have faced has scored more than 17 points on this unit. Offensively, South Carolina is led by quarterback Conner Shaw and running back Marcus Lattimore. Shaw had some issues with his shoulder earlier in the year, but appears to be back to full strength while Lattimore seems to have fully recovered from a devastating knee injury that cut last season short.
This could be one of the best battles in the SEC all season long between the Bulldogs high-powered offense going up against the Gamecocks’ shutdown defense. In the end, stick with Georgia to grind-out just enough points to get the win on the road. Georgia 23 South Carolina 20
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013