Golden State Warriors vs. New York Knicks Pick
Warriors vs Knicks NBA Picks
Date/Time: February 27th, 8:00 pm EST
Basketball Odds from WagerWeb
Point Spread: New York -6.5
NBA Betting Trends
Golden State Warriors
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Golden State’s last 9 games when playing on the road against New York
- Golden State is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games when playing on the road against New York
- Golden State is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing New York
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Golden State’s last 7 games when playing New York
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Golden State’s last 12 games on the road
New York Knicks
- New York is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Golden State
- New York is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games when playing at home against Golden State
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of New York’s last 9 games when playing at home against Golden State
- New York is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games when playing at home against Golden State
- New York is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Golden State
NBA – February 27th
For the first time in over two calendar years, the New York Knicks and the Golden State Warriors are set to get it on. They’ll duke it out at Madison Square Garden, where the NBA odds will come off the board tonight at 8:00 p.m. ET.
The Warriors have to be proud of the fact that they have already gotten to 33 wins this season. They are almost certainly going to be a playoff team in the Western Conference, though few believe that they actually have the goods to win a series or two when they get there. The road has been very cruel and the schedule has been insanely tough for Golden State of late. The team has played back-to-back games on the road and has three more coming on this East Coast swing in a row. Once that stretch is over, the Warriors will have played five straight, 10-of-13, 14-of-19, and 17-of-23 away from Oracle Arena. The team has already gone just 4-11 SU and ATS in its last 15 road games, including failing to cover seven in a row away from home. We don’t expect to see C Andrew Bogut in the lineup either, knowing that he sat out last night’s loss to the Indiana Pacers.
The Knicks have had their struggles of late as well. They just snapped a four-game losing streak on Sunday against the Philadelphia 76ers, but they failed to cover the spread in that game, dropping to 0-6-1 ATS in their last seven games overall. In that mix includes failing to cover by at least a dozen points four times. The offense over these seven games has been horrendous, averaging just 94.3 points per game. Prior to that, New York had averaged 101.0 points per game. Injuries have hurt the team quite a bit this year, but worse are the inconsistencies. F Amare Stoudemire has been awesome at times off of the bench, but other times he just looks lost. G JR Smith has watched his three-point shooting percentage dip to just .346. The top three scorers on the team, Smith, G Raymond Felton, and F Carmelo Anthony are only combining to shoot around 42% from the floor. It’s just not a pretty situation. However, just based upon talent alone, the Knicks do have a 33-20 record and do still have the best record in the Atlantic Division. It just doesn’t seem like that will necessarily remain the case going forward.
As much as we don’t like what the Knicks have brought to the table of late, this is a terrible scheduling spot for the Warriors. They’re playing the second game in a back-to-back and their third very tough game in four days. New York should come out and stomp Golden State on Wednesday night without much trouble. New York 104 – Golden State 93