Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears Pick
Date/Time: December 16, 1:00 pm EST
NFL Odds from Bookmaker
Point Spread: Packers -3
NFL Betting Game Trends
Green Bay Packers
- Green Bay is 15-4 SU in its last 19 games when playing on the road against Chicago
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Green Bay’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Chicago
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Green Bay’s last 10 games when playing Chicago
- Green Bay is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- Chicago is 1-3-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chicago’s last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Chicago’s last 10 games when playing Green Bay
- Chicago is 4-15 SU in its last 19 games when playing at home against Green Bay
The Green Bay Packers started out slowly, but they have won seven of their last eight games. The Chicago Bears started out red hot, but they have lost four of their last five games. Green Bay picked up a win against the Bears earlier this year. Chicago is only one game behind in the division, and this is a huge game for them. Can the Bears pick up the win in front of their home crowd at Soldier Field?
Green Bay hasn’t been quite as dominant as they were last year during the regular season, but they are taking care of business. The Packers defense has been better than last year, while the offense hasn’t been able to put up the points they did last season. Clay Matthews has been out since week nine, but he is expected back for this one. Getting Clay Matthews back is obviously a huge boost for this Packers defense. Morgan Burnett and A.J. Hawk have led the defense in tackles all year, but Matthews is the most dynamic play maker on this defense. The Packers are only allowing 21.5 points per game.
Aaron Rodgers is having a very good season, but it isn’t quite as good as his record setting season a year ago. Rodgers has thrown 29 touchdowns and just eight interceptions. His quarterback rating is an impressive 103.7. He is having as good of a season as just about anyone in the league, so don’t let anyone tell you he is slumping. The Packers have found a nice weapon on the outside in Randall Cobb. Greg Jennings is starting to get healthy, which will make this offense more dangerous.
The Chicago Bears looked like one of the best teams in the NFL early in the year, but they are slumping of late. Injuries have been part of the problem. Jay Cutler is listed as probable for this one after having to leave last week’s game with a minor neck injury. Cutler has thrown 16 touchdowns and 13 interceptions this season. Even with better weapons on the outside, he still hasn’t had the breakout season many expected. Brandon Marshall has been a beast on the outside for the Bears. He has racked up 101 catches and 1,342 receiving yards through 13 games. Matt Forte and Michael Bush form a nice one-two punch at tailback.
The strength of the Bears team is definitely their defense. Chicago is fifth in the NFL in total defense. Julius Peppers gives the team an elite pass rusher, and Lance Briggs has been great from his linebacker spot this year. Brian Urlacher continues to be one of the best middle linebackers in the game. The biggest strength of this defense is the secondary. Tim Jennings leads the team with eight interceptions, but he is listed as questionable for this one. Charles Tillman is also an elite corner. Opponents are scoring only 16.8 points per game against the Bears.
Free NFL Pick: Bears +3
The Bears need this game even more than the Packers. Green Bay is probably the better team, but they are just 3-3 away from home this year. I like the home underdog here.
Bears 21 Packers 20
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- NFL Week 14 Betting Trends - December 6, 2013
- College Football Week 15 Betting Trends - December 6, 2013
- NFL Week 13 Betting Trends - November 27, 2013
- College Football Week 14 Betting Trends - November 27, 2013
- Basketball Pick: Virginia Tech Hokies vs. Michigan State Spartans - November 22, 2013