Houston Rockets vs Golden State Warriors Pick
Date/Time: Friday, March 8, 10:30 p.m. (ET)
Basketball Odds from WagerWeb
Point Spread: Warriors -2
NBA Betting Trends
- Houston is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Golden State
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Houston’s last 14 games when playing on the road against Golden State
- Houston is 6-12 ATS in its last 18 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 16 of Houston’s last 24 games when playing Golden State
- Houston is 16-2 SU in its last 18 games when playing Golden State
Golden State Warriors
- Golden State is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against Houston
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Golden State’s last 14 games when playing at home against Houston
- Golden State is 2-16 SU in its last 18 games when playing Houston
- The total has gone OVER in 16 of Golden State’s last 24 games when playing Houston
- Golden State is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
This game features the 33-29 Rockets at the 35-27 Warriors. Two nights after beating the Raptors 125-118, Golden State (35-27) had its hands full with the lowly Kings before escaping with an 87-83 win Wednesday. Thompson scored a team-high 20, including the go-ahead 3 with 7.5 seconds to play for the Warriors, who were limited to 36.0 percent shooting — their worst mark in a win since February 2003.
“We’re not the Miami Heat. We’re not the Oklahoma City Thunder. A lot of nights it’s not going to be pretty,” coach Mark Jackson said. “That’s just the fact. I embrace it. I give my guys credit because we battled, we competed, we got stops when we had to and we continued to put a check mark in the (win) column.”
While he may sometimes get overshadowed by sharpshooter Stephen Curry and All-Star forward David Lee, Thompson has played a key role in Golden State’s success. He’s averaging 23.7 points while going 15 for 27 from 3-point range over the last three games, and the Warriors are 23-10 when he scores at least 16.
“I watch this guy every single day and this guy is a knockdown shooter in every sense of the term,” Jackson said. “When you pick guys, that have ever played this game, that had to shoot a wide open shot — he’s in the discussion. That’s what Klay does for a living.”
The Rockets (33-29) also beat the Warriors 140-109 on Feb. 5, while tying an NBA record and setting a franchise mark with 23 3-pointers.
Houston snapped a nine-game losing streak against Dallas with Sunday’s 136-103 rout, but fell 112-108 in the back end of a home-and-home set Wednesday. Harden had 28 points and nine assists while Chandler Parsons scored 23, but the Rockets allowed the host Mavericks to shoot 54.2 percent.
Losers of 12 of 18 as the visiting team, the Rockets sit in 7th in the Western Conference, two games behind the Warriors.
I expect a close back and forth high scoring game as in the end the Warriors pull away with a 110-103 victory.
For more of Chase Diamond’s Plays Click Here
Latest posts by Cole Ryan (see all)
- NHL Playoffs Pick: Los Angeles Kings vs San Jose Sharks - April 17, 2014
- MLB Betting: St Louis Cardinals vs Washington Nationals - April 17, 2014
- 2014 College Football Dark Horses: 3 Teams That Will Crash the Polls This Season - April 17, 2014
- MLB Picks of the Day: April 16th - April 16, 2014
- NBA Betting: LA Clippers vs Portland Trail Blazers - April 16, 2014