Houston Rockets vs. New York Knicks Free NBA Pick
Date/Time: Monday, Dec.17, 7:30 p.m. (ET)
Television: NBA TV
Basketball Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: New York -9
NBA Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Houston’s last 7 games when playing on the road against New York
- Houston is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against New York
- Houston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing New York
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Houston’s last 8 games when playing New York
New York Knicks
- New York is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Houston
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of New York’s last 7 games when playing at home against Houston
- New York is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Houston
- New York is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Houston
Houston fell below .500 on the year with Sunday’s 103-96 loss to Toronto as a four-point road favorite. It is now 11-12 straight-up and 10-12-1 against the spread. The total stayed UNDER the 200.5-point line and has now stayed UNDER in five of its last seven games. The Rockets also fell to 2-7 SU and 2-6-1 ATS on the road this season.
This team has had little problem putting points on the board this season behind James Harden and Chandler Parsons. Houston is averaging 103.7 points a game which is ranked third in the league. The problem has been on defense where the Rockets are ranked dead last in the NBA in points allowed; giving-up an average of 104 points a game. A main injury concern for this game has their third leading scorer Patrick Patterson listed as questionable after missing Sunday’s game with a sore knee.
New York is not only the toast of the town in the Big Apple; it is the top team in the Eastern Conference at 18-5 SU. The Knicks bring a four-game winning streak into this contest and are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games. They squeezed-out a 103-102 victory over Cleveland this past Saturday as 10.5-point home favorites to fall to 18-5 ATS overall and 8-2 ATS at home. The total has gone OVER in five of their last six games.
It has been a complete package for New York so far with an offense that is posting 103.2 points a game complementing a defense that is allowing 96.1 points on the other end of the court. Carmelo Anthony has been nothing short of spectacular with an average of 27.9 points a game while shooting 47.3 percent from the floor and 45.5 percent from three-point range. Keep an eye on the closing line as right now Anthony is listed as questionable for tonight’s game with a sprained ankle.
Even if Anthony cannot go tonight, the Knicks have already proven they know how to win with him out of the lineup. The Rockets struggles away from home continue as Jeremy Lin’s first trip back to Madison Square Garden since signing with Houston in the offseason ends with another bad road loss. New York 105 Houston 95
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013