Houston Texans vs. Chicago Bears Free Pick
Date/Time: Sunday November 11, 8:20 pm EST
NFL Odds from VietBet
Point Spread: Chicago -1
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Houston is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- Houston is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Houston’s last 6 games
- Chicago is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Chicago is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Chicago’s last 17 games at home
- Chicago is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Chicago is 4-1-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Chicago’s last 5 games
NFL Pick – Week 10
In what much of the betting public believes to be an early preview of Super Bowl XLVII, the Texans come into this prime-time clash with a 7-1 record straight-up and a profitable 6-2 record against the spread. The total has gone OVER in four of their last six games.
Houston has been the complete package this season with an offense that can move the ball through the air behind Matt Schaub and on the ground with Arian Foster. Throw-in a defense that is ranked in the top five of the NFL in just about every major category and it is easy to see why this team is the current odds-on-favorite to win it all this season. They come into this game in fairly good health with only back-up running back Ben Tate listed as questionable with a tweaked hamstring.
Over in the NFC, Chicago has been tearing teams apart lately with a relentless defense that is ranked second in the NFL in points allowed; giving-up an average of just 15 points a game. It has also been very opportunistic in creating a short field for the offense through turnovers. Jay Cutler has done a fairly good job at taking care of the ball, but he still has eight interceptions on the year to go along with his 12 touchdown throws. The key will be Matt Forte and Michael Bush’s ability to take pressure off the passing game by moving the ball on the ground.
The Bears are also off to a 7-1 SU start and above .500 ATS at 5-3. The total has gone OVER in five of their first eight games. Last week it all came together in a 51-20 pasting of Tennessee as 4.5-point favorites on the road after surviving a couple of close calls against Carolina and Detroit in their previous two games.
This has the makings of a knock-down, drawn-out battle between two of the biggest heavyweights in the NFL. The advantage here goes to the Texans, who come in with a much better offense that should be able to move the ball against Chicago’s defense. Look for Houston to carve-out an early lead that it rides all the way to the final gun. Houston 23 Chicago 20
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013