Houston Texans vs. New York Jets Free Pick
Date/Time: Monday, Oct. 8 8:30 p.m. (ET) (ET)
NFL Odds from Vietbet
Point Spread: Houston -9
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Houston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 6 games on the road
- Houston is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- Houston is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games when playing NY Jets
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games when playing NY Jets
New York Jets
- NY Jets are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the NY Jets last 6 games
- NY Jets are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games
- NY Jets are 2-4 ATS in their last 6 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of the NY Jets last 7 games at home
NFL Pick – Week 5
While it is a bit too early to crown the Texans AFC champs, they have certainly been the most complete team in the conference so far with a 4-0 start both straight-up and against the spread. The total has been split 2-2 in their first four games.
Houston’s offense, led by quarterback Matt Schaub, has rolled-up 31.5 points a game behind a passing attack that is averaging 233.8 yards a game to complement a running game that is adding another 136.5 yards on the ground. Wide receiver Andre Johnson has returned to form with 16 catches for 268 yards and two touchdowns, while running back Arian Foster has 380 yards rushing and four scores. The Texans’ defense has not skipped a beat either and is now ranked first in the NFL in both total yards and points allowed.
At the opposite end of the spectrum is a Jets team that is spiraling downward at an alarming pace after winning two of their first three games. They have lost All-Pro cornerback Derrelle Revis for the year on defense and will be without their best wide receiver, Santonio Holmes for the foreseeable future with a foot injury. The result is a 2-2 start both SU and ATS.
New York’s defense may be able to hold-up to keep it in this game, but its offense can certainly not afford to lose Holmes after it has struggled to score points with him in the lineup. The heat has been turned-up on quarterback Mark Sanchez after completing less than half of his first 128 passes for just 813 yards. He does have five touchdown throws but he has also been picked off four times. Tim Tebow throwing the ball is certainly not the answer so the Jets are going to have to rely heavily on a running game that is ranked 24th in the NFL.
While giving-up nine points on the road in the NFL is never a wise thing to do, these two teams are clearly headed in complete opposite directions. There is no reason to believe that Houston will not be pitching its A-Game on Monday night and that New York’s offense will suddenly start to click. Lay the nine points on the Texans as they roll to their fifth-straight win. Houston 31 New York 13
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013