Illinois vs. Miami NCAA Tournament Pick
College Basketball Picks
Date/Time: March 24th, 2013 8:40 ET
College Basketball Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Miami -5.5
Basketball Betting Game Trends
Illinois Fighting Illini
- Illinois is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. Atlantic Coast.
- Illinois is 7-17 ATS in their last 24 games following a ATS win.
- Illinois is 8-21 ATS in their last 29 Sunday games.
- Illinois is 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games overall.
- Illinois is 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a S.U. win.
- Miami is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Miami is 4-0 ATS in their last 4 neutral site games.
- Miami is 5-1-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a SU win of more than 20 points.
- Miami is 19-6-1 ATS in their last 26 games following a S.U. win.
- Miami is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 Sunday games.
On Sunday, the Illinois Fighting Illini and the Miami Hurricanes are going to do battle in what should be a great clash in Austin, where both sides will be hoping to get to the Sweet 16.
The Illini played in one of the more bizarre games you’ll ever see in the NCAA Tournament. They held the Colorado Buffaloes without a single point for the last 7+ minutes of the first half, building a lead that got as big as 16 points. However, they came out of the blocks and were outscored 21-0 in the second half and didn’t score a field goal for nearly the first 12 minutes of the half. From there, the Illini closed out the game by holding the Buffs to three points in the final five minutes of the game to get the ‘W’. It was a truly remarkable game where everything went right, then everything went wrong, and then enough went right to get the win. Still, we have to be concerned. Illinois only had three field goals the whole second half, and it only shot 30.8 percent from the field over the course of the game, and that obviously isn’t going to cut it against the Hurricanes.
The Canes are clearly one of the most talented teams in America right now, and after jumping out and beating up the Pacific Tigers 40-19 in the first half and ultimately winning the game 78-49, there’s no reason to doubt anything. We know that this is a team that really can take over and win by scoring 100 points on anyone in the nation if given the chance. C Reggie Johnson had 10 boards against Pacific, and we figure that he’ll be doing the same sort of thing in this game. F Julian Gamble and F Kenny Kadji both had suspect games, but both of them only played between 15 and 20 minutes. G Durant Scott was the leading scorer on the club with 21 points. G Shane Larkin and G Trey McKinney Jones didn’t really do all that much considering the fact that they played a reasonable amount of minutes. But that’s the beauty about Miami. The team doesn’t need to really have one man step it up due to the fact that there are so many that can get the job done either as complete stars or as role players.
The Illini just don’t stand a chance in this game in our eyes. G DJ Richardson and G Brandon Paul were both clearly just jacking up shots for most of the game against Colorado, and if these two aren’t going to do a lot better than that and get into the paint, the ACC champs are going to storm into the second week of the dance. Miami 78 – Illinois 59
Latest posts by Adam Markowitz (see all)
- Cowboys vs. Bears Monday Night Football Prop Picks - December 9, 2013
- Mountain West Championship Game Pick: Utah State vs. Fresno State - December 6, 2013
- SEC Championship Game Pick: Missouri vs. Auburn - December 6, 2013
- Pac-12 Championship Game Pick: Stanford vs. Arizona State - December 6, 2013
- NFL Betting: NFL Matchups for Week 14 - December 6, 2013