Indiana vs Minnesota Basketball Picks
Date/Time: Tuesday February 26, 7:00 pm EST
College Basketball Odds from BetAnySports
Point Spread: Indiana -5
Basketball Betting Game Trends
- Indiana is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Indiana’s last 6 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
- Indiana is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games when playing on the road against Minnesota
Minnesota Golden Gophers
- Minnesota is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 6 games when playing at home against Indiana
- Minnesota is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing at home against Indiana
- Minnesota is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Indiana
- Minnesota is 11-2 SU in its last 13 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Minnesota’s last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Minnesota’s last 5 games
The Hoosiers could be the most complete team in the nation especially on offense with an average of 82.5 points a game while shooting 50 percent from the field. They are holding their opponents to 61.3 points a game and ranked 24th in the nation in rebounds with an average of 39. Cody Zeller leads the team in scoring (16.6 points) and rebounds (8.1), but it has been the play of Victor Oladipo that has cemented this team as the odds-on-favorite to win this season’s NCAA Tournament.
Minnesota climbed into the top 10 earlier in the season after a 15-1 SU start, but an 88-81 loss to Indiana as an eight-point road underdog on Jan.12 started a free-fall that has resulted in just three SU wins in its last 11 games. The Golden Gophers are now 18-9 SU overall and 6-8 SU in conference play. After failing to cover in five of their last six games, they are 13-11-1 ATS this year. The total has stayed UNDER in eight of their last nine games.
While there have been some wild upsets this season in just about every major conference, it is hard to see that happening in this contest. If the Gophers are going to have any chance at making a game out of this mismatch, they will need a monster effort from a couple of players named Hollins that are not related. Andre leads the team with 13.6 points a game and Austin is chipping-in another 11.1 points. The problem is that both are shooting less than 41 percent from the field.
Indiana has its sights set firmly on a No.1 seed for next month’s NCAA Tournament so it is not about to slip-up in a game it should win by double-digits, especially with the extra rest from not playing this past weekend.
Indiana 83 Minnesota 68
Date and Time: 02/26/2013 19:00
Street: 1925 SE University Ave
DJ is a freelance writer that concentrates on his true passion in life; the world of sports. He produces a number of articles each week for BangTheBook.com as well as a select group of other websites that specialize in providing the most up-to-date information for the sports gaming industry. His goal is to write insightful articles on a wide variety of sporting topics that can provide an edge to today's sophisticated online player.