Indiana Pacers vs. Utah Jazz Pick
Date/Time: January 26, 9:30 pm EST
Basketball Odds from BetOnline Sportsbook
Point Spread: Jazz -2.5
NBA Betting Trends
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Indiana’s last 7 games when playing on the road against Utah
- Indiana is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Utah
- Indiana is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Utah
- Indiana is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games when playing Utah
- Indiana is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games when playing Utah
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Utah’s last 7 games when playing at home against Indiana
- Utah is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Indiana
- Utah is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing Indiana
- Utah is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Utah is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
The Utah Jazz are always one of the best home teams in the NBA. Utah has started out the season 14-4 on their home floor. The Indiana Pacers started the year slowly, but they have made a strong push of late thanks to their league leading defense. Indiana has won 7 of their last 10 games overall. Can the Pacers win with their defense in a very tough environment at Energy Solutions Arena?
The Indiana Pacers definitely miss Danny Granger’s scoring ability, but they have found a way to manage without him. Indiana has been absolutely locking down opponents on the defensive end. The Pacers are giving up just 89.3 points per game. Opponents are shooting only 41.6 percent from the floor against Indiana, which is the best mark in the NBA. The Pacers actually have the lowest points per game total in the league at 91.0 per contest, so they are definitely winning some low scoring games.
Who has stepped up for Indiana this year? Paul George is becoming an extremely valuable player for this team. He is a versatile wing who can put it on the floor and get to the rim. David West was dinged up much of last season, and now that he is healthy he is putting some really big numbers. West is averaging 17 points and 8 boards. Roy Hibbert continues to be one of the best centers in the NBA on both ends of the floor. The Pacers are one of the best rebounding teams in the league.
Utah hasn’t been able to win on the road this year, but the Jazz are still taking care of their home floor. The strength of this Jazz team is their frontcourt. Al Jefferson, Paul Millsap, and Derrick Favors are the anchors on the inside. Marvin Williams was picked up during the season, and he gives the team more athleticism. Gordon Hayward continues to improve in the backcourt. Hayward is developing a much better shot from long range, and that makes opponents come out on him and opens up the lane. Mo Williams is still out with an injury, which slows this team down quite a bit.
Utah is coming off a stretch where they won four straight games, starting with their win at Detroit on January 12. The biggest win during that stretch was their home win over the Miami Heat. Utah is 12-6 ATS at home this year. On most nights the Jazz have a big advantage on the inside, but that won’t be the case in this one. Can the Jazz keep the Pacers off the offensive glass in this one? That will be a big key.
The Jazz had a late game in Los Angeles last night, and I think the Pacers will be able to slow the tempo down in this one. I think the winner may end up with right around 90 points. I like the under.
Jazz 91 Pacers 89
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014