Indianapolis Colts vs. Detroit Lions Pick
Date/Time: December 2, 1:00 pm EST
NFL Odds from Sportsbook
Point Spread: Lions -5
NFL Betting Game Trends
- The total has gone OVER in 17 of Indianapolis’s last 24 games on the road
- Indianapolis is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Indianapolis is 2-11 SU in its last 13 games on the road
- Indianapolis is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Indianapolis’s last 6 games
- Detroit is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Indianapolis
- Detroit is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
- Detroit is 5-12-1 ATS in its last 18 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 5 games
NFL Pick – Week 13
The Indianapolis Colts have played inspired football all year, and they are accomplishing things that most thought was out of the realm of possibilities for the team this season. Detroit has been one of the biggest disappointments in the NFL. The Lions sit at 4-7, and they cannot afford any more losses if they want to have any chance at making the playoffs. Indianapolis needs this game for playoff positioning as well.
If you haven’t been inspired at least a little by the story of the Indianapolis Colts this year, then you probably aren’t inspired by very much. This team has absolutely rallied around each other and their ailing head coach. Indianapolis won only two games all of last year, but they sit at 7-4 so far this year. Andrew Luck has been the real deal at quarterback, but it is about more than just one person. This is a team that is fighting hard every single game, and they believe in their ability. The Colts have won five of their last six games.
The only knock on the Colts is that they haven’t been many top teams this year. Their win over Green Bay was huge, but they were beaten badly by Chicago and New England. The Lions aren’t an elite team, but they are still much better than their 4-7 record. If the Colts are going to get into the playoffs, this is the type of game they are going to have to win. The Colts improved defense against the run has been a big boost this season.
The Detroit Lions were highly touted before the season. Some people even though the Lions had a chance to be a Super Bowl team. Now, the Lions will have to win out to even sniff the playoffs. The Lions are first in the NFL in passing offense, but they have virtually no running game. Detroit has turned the football over far too many times, especially in key situations. Matt Stafford had a breakout season last year, but he has regressed this season. Stafford has thrown just 14 touchdowns after throwing for 41 last year. He also has a quarterback rating of only 82.6. Many fantasy owners have been disappointed with Calvin Johnson’s numbers this year. Johnson is averaging 17.4 yards per catch, but he has only four touchdowns. The Lions offense is scoring 24.3 points per game.
Detroit’s defense has been a huge disappointment this season. A team with Ndamukong Suh and Nick Fairley in the middle of the defensive line should be great against the run, but the Lions haven’t been. In fact, the Lions rank 22nd in the NFL against the run. Detroit is allowing almost 31 points per game in their last three games. This unit must step up if the Lions are going to make a run.
I think the Lions have a decent chance of winning this game, but I don’t see why you would want to lay the points on them. Even Detroit’s wins have been close games. Look for the Colts to keep it close.
Lions 28 Colts 27
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014