Indianapolis Colts vs New England Patriots Pick
Date/Time: November 18th, 4:25 P.M. ET
NFL Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: New England -9
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Indianapolis is 2-11 SU in its last 13 games when playing on the road against New England
- Indianapolis is 7-17 SU in its last 24 games when playing New England
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Indianapolis’s last 6 games when playing on the road against New England
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Indianapolis’s last 6 games when playing New England
New England Patriots
- New England is 1-4-1 ATS in its last 6 games when playing at home against Indianapolis
- New England is 11-2 SU in its last 13 games when playing at home against Indianapolis
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of New England’s last 6 games when playing at home against Indianapolis
- New England is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games when playing Indianapolis
Big time rivals that have had quite the history against one another are going to meet up on Sunday in a showcase NFL betting showdown in Week 11, as the New England Patriots face off with the Indianapolis Colts.
The Colts are coming into this one riding high, as they have won four straight games both SU and ATS and have won five times in six games since losing Head Coach Chuck Pagano to his fight with leukemia. Pagano has been viewing the team, but it has been Bruce Arians calling the shots on the sidelines, and he will do so for at least the next few weeks. QB Andrew Luck might be just a rookie, but he has definitely been worth all of the hype that he has had put on his shoulders over the course of the last few years. Though he only has 10 passing TDs against nine picks, Luck has thrown for 2,631 yards and is going to smash virtually every single rookie passing record in the books. Luck also has five TDs on the ground this year, and those are numbers that really should be added to his numbers through the air to make up an absolutely outstanding first half of a first campaign in the NFL.
But of course, this is still a league that is run by quarterbacks like QB Tom Brady, and until he is knocked off of his mantle, he is still the most superior quarterback that the AFC has to offer. Brady has had some problems this year at home though, as he has thrown for an average of just 255.2 yards per game on the campaign at home, as opposed to 322.0 yards per game on the road. This is just a microcosm of what we have been seeing all season long from New England, though. The Pats are just 3-1 SU and 1-3 ATS here at Gillette Stadium this year, and the games that they have failed to cover have all come against horrid teams that are going to finish the campaign with losing records and likely Top 10 picks in the NFL Draft. All three games could have been lost, and the one to the Arizona Cardinals at the outset of the campaign in fact did end in defeat. Still, this is a team that cannot be overlooked, as TE Rob Gronkowski, WR Wes Welker, and RB Stevan Ridley are all going to end up with outstanding numbers when the campaign is said and done with this year.
What we have to remember about the Patriots is that they have played tremendously well this season against some of the best teams in the AFC. Against teams with at least four wins this year in the AFC, the Pats are 3-0 SU and ATS. They’ll take care of Indy with ease on Sunday to dispel the many bettors that have taken the points. New England 33 – Indianapolis 17