Indianapolis Colts vs. New York Jets Pick
Date/Time: Sunday, Oct. 14 1:00 p.m. (ET)
NFL Odds from Bookmaker
Point Spread: Jets -3
NFL Betting Game Trends
- Indianapolis is 4-17 SU in its last 21 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Indianapolis’s last 8 games
- Indianapolis is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Indianapolis is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 15 of Indianapolis’s last 20 games on the road
New York Jets
- NY Jets are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games
- NY Jets are 8-4 SU in their last 12 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of the NY Jets last 5 games when playing Indianapolis
- NY Jets are 7-14 SU in their last 21 games when playing Indianapolis
- NY Jets are 4-11 SU in their last 15 games when playing at home against Indianapolis
NFL Pick – Week 6
It was an emotional hard-fought victory for the Colts last week. The Colts trailed Green Bay 21-3, but they came back to defeat the Packers 30-27 on a last-minute touchdown. The New York Jets played much better than they have in recent weeks, but they still lost last Monday night to the Houston Texans. Will the Colts stay on a roll or can the Jets turn their season around and start a win streak?
The Colts win last week was dedicated to ailing head coach Chuck Pagano. Pagano was recently diagnosed with leukemia and he must undergo four to six months of treatment. There is no doubt the Colts were playing inspired football last weekend to win one for their coach. Andrew Luck threw for 362 yards in the comeback victory last week. Luck has had ups and downs so far this year, but his presence on this team has made them much better. He definitely looks like budding star in the league. Donald Brown is averaging 4.0 yards per carry for an improved Colts running game. Reggie Wayne may be almost 34 years old, but he is showing no signs of slowing down. Wayne has 36 catches already this year, and he had 13 catches for 212 yards last week.
The Indianapolis defense was one of the worst in the league last season. They have taken some positive steps this year. Unfortunately for the Colts, the defense is very dinged up right now. Robert Mathis is out for several weeks, and Dwight Freeney will likely play with an ankle injury that will slow him down. Vontae Davis is the team’s best corner, and he is listed as questionable for this one. Pat Angerer is the team’s best linebacker, and he is also questionable in this game. The defense is a big question mark this week for the Colts.
New York did some things a little better this past Monday against the Texans, but they still ended up losing and falling to 2-3 on the season. Mark Sanchez threw two interceptions in the game, and those ended up costing the team in a big way. For the season, Sanchez is completing only 48 percent of his passes. He has thrown six touchdowns and six interceptions. Even more concerning for the Jets has to be the fact that their ground game has been terrible. Before the season Rex Ryan said he wanted to return to the ground and pound offense from a couple years ago. The Jets are averaging just 83 rushing yards per game this season. If this offense doesn’t improve soon, Tim Tebow will likely get more time under center.
The Jets defense has been terrific against the pass this year. The secondary took a huge hit when Revis went down with a season-ending injury, but they still do have Cromartie and Wilson at the cornerback spots. The front seven has been disappointing so far this year. Opponents are running for 172 yards per game on the Jets front seven. Overall, this unit is giving up 26.4 points per game.
Free Pick: Jets -3
The Colts aren’t as good as they played last weekend, and the Jets still have quite a bit of talent on their roster. The Colts defense is banged up in a big way right now, and I think the Jets will bounce back with a nice win here.
Jets 27 Colts 17
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014