Starting Pitchers: Starting Pitchers: Tomlin (Cleveland) vs. Kuroda (New York)
Date/Time: Monday, June 25 7:05 p.m. (ET)
MLB Odds from VietBet
Moneyline: Moneyline: Cleveland +170 New York -200
MLB Betting Game Trends
- Cleveland is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Cleveland’s last 9 games on the road
- Cleveland is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Cleveland is 6-14 SU in their last 20 games when playing NY Yankees
- Cleveland is 1-5 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against NY Yankees
New York Yankees
- NY Yankees are 12-3 SU in their last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games at home
- NY Yankees are 8-3 SU in their last 11 games at home
- NY Yankees are 14-6 SU in their last 20 games when playing Cleveland
- NY Yankees are 5-1 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Cleveland
Cleveland kicks-off a three-game set against New York at Yankee Stadium
Cleveland’s four-game winning streak was snapped this past weekend with back-to-back losses to Houston to close-out a three-game set. It is now a half game in back of Chicago in the AL Central with an overall record of 37-34. The Indians are 17-16 on the road this season and the total has stayed ‘under’ in four of their last five games.
Josh Tomlin is slated to get the start for Cleveland in Monday’s series opener. The right-hander is 3-4 on the year with a 5.12 ERA in 10 previous starts. Last Tuesday against Cincinnati, he went 6 2/3 innings and gave-up just one earned run on six hits but still did not get the decision. This was a dramatic improvement considering that he had given-up a total of 17 earned runs in his previous four outings. Tomlin is 2-1 against the Yankees with a 4.26 ERA.
New York took the final two games of a Subway Series against the Mets on the road this past weekend to improve to 7-3 in its last 10 games. The Yankees now have a 2.5-game lead over Baltimore in the AL East with an overall record of 43-28. They are 20-14 at home and the total has gone ‘over’ in three of their last four games.
It will be Hiroki Kuroda’s turn in the rotation for New York. The right-hander lost for the first time in almost a month after giving-up four earned runs on six hits in last Tuesday’s loss to Atlanta. He is 6-7 in 14 starts with an ERA of 3.57 and a 1.29 WHIP. Kuroda had given-up three or less earned runs in eight of his previous nine starts. This will be his first MLB career start against Cleveland.
This will be the first time these two will have met this season, but the Indians are 6-14 in the last 20 meetings. Stick with the Yankees’ past success in taking the early edge of a series as they are 21-8 in the first game of their last 29 series. New York 6 Cleveland 3
DJ is a freelance writer that concentrates on his true passion in life; the world of sports. He produces a number of articles each week for BangTheBook.com as well as a select group of other websites that specialize in providing the most up-to-date information for the sports gaming industry. His goal is to write insightful articles on a wide variety of sporting topics that can provide an edge to today's sophisticated online player.