Iowa St vs Ohio St NCAA Tournament Pick
March Madness Picks
Date/Time: March 24, 2013 12:15 pm EST
College Basketball Odds from Bookmaker
Point Spread: Ohio St -7
Basketball Betting Game Trends
Iowa State Cyclones
- Iowa State is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Iowa State is 7-3 ATS in their last 10 games following a ATS win.
- Iowa State is 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Iowa State is 9-4 ATS in their last 13 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Iowa State is 3-7 ATS in their last 10 non-conference games.
Ohio State Buckeyes
- Ohio State is 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games following a S.U. win.
- Ohio State is 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Ohio State is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS win.
- Ohio State is 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning S.U. record.
- Ohio State is 6-0 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- Ohio State is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 neutral site games.
The second-seeded Ohio State Buckeyes (27-7 straight-up, 20-11-1 against the spread) are one of the hottest teams in the country, riding a nine-game winning streak into this third-round West Regional matchup against the 10th-seeded Iowa State Cyclones (23-11 SU, 16-13 ATS) on Sunday at the University of Dayton Arena in Dayton, Ohio. The Buckeyes are also a perfect 6-0 on neutral courts this year after winning the Big Ten Conference Tournament and routing No. 15 seed Iona 95-70 on Friday.
Ohio State got off to a fast start against the Gaels in their second-round game, using a 15-0 run to go up 20-6 before Iona cut the lead to four. But the Buckeyes finished the first half strong and led 43-33 at the break before coasting in the second half. Leading scorer Deshaun Thomas had a game-high 24 points for Ohio State while Sam Thompson totaled a career-high 20 points and 10 rebounds. Point guard Aaron Craft also played well defensively despite scoring only four points with six steals.
Meanwhile, Iowa State has won four of five both SU and ATS after beating No. 7 seed Notre Dame 76-58 on Friday. The Cyclones opened as a small underdog but closed as a small favorite and rewarded their backers with an outstanding performance against the Fighting Irish. Georges Niang had a career-high 19 points for Iowa State and Melvin Ejim scored 17. Will Clyburn scored all nine of his points in the first half as the Cyclones forced 14 turnovers in building a 35-23 lead at the intermission.
Tempo could very well be the key to determining the outcome here, as the Buckeyes have limited opponents to an average of just 58.3 points, and they have seen the UNDER go 7-2 in their last nine games. In fact, Iona was the first team in nine games to score more than 60 points against Ohio State even though many of the points the Gaels scored came after the outcome was already decided.
Iowa State has scored 70 points or more in 15 of 16 games with the total going OVER 14 times during that stretch. The OVER is also 8-0 in the team’s last eight games against Big Ten opponents. However, the Cyclones have averaged just 61.5 points in the last two meetings with the Buckeyes, losing both games with the UNDER cashing twice. Iowa State’s only real chance to win this game is to push the pace and make 3-pointers.
Ohio State is a veteran team that played in the Final Four last year and knows what it takes to get back there. The Buckeyes will use their strong defense to shut down the Cyclones and advance to the Sweet 16 for the fourth year in a row…
Pick: Ohio State 70, Iowa State 62
Latest posts by Vegas Matty (see all)
- Wichita State vs Ohio State NCAA Tournament Pick - March 29, 2013
- Arizona vs Ohio State March Madness Pick - March 27, 2013
- La Salle vs Wichita State Basketball Pick - March 27, 2013
- Mississippi Rebels vs La Salle Explorers NCAA Basketball Pick - March 23, 2013
- Iowa St vs Ohio St NCAA Tournament Pick - March 23, 2013