Kansas State vs. Iowa State Pick
College Football Picks
Date/Time: Saturday, October 13, 12:00 pm EST
NFL Odds from BetDSI
Point Spread: Kansas State -6.5
Football Betting Game Trends
Kansas State Wildcats
- Kansas State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Kansas State is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Kansas State’s last 13 games on the road
- Kansas State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Iowa State
- Kansas State is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Iowa State
Iowa State Cyclones
- Iowa State is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- Iowa State is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Iowa State is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
- Iowa State is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Kansas State
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Iowa State’s last 6 games when playing Kansas State
NCAA Football – Week 7
Every year the Kansas State Wildcats are overlooked, and every year they make some serious noise. Bill Snyder may be the best coach in the nation. It’s hard to argue against him, since he gets so much out of his talent at Kansas State. The Wildcats are all the way up to number five in the rankings, but they’ll face a very dangerous Iowa State team in Ames this weekend. This game isn’t getting the same publicity as some others this weekend, but it has major national implications.
Kansas State went into Norman and upset the Oklahoma Sooners three weeks ago. The Wildcats were 14.5 point underdogs in that game. Kansas State blasted Kansas 56-16 last weekend. The Wildcats 5-0 start is thanks to a terrific running game. Kansas State ranks ninth in the nation in rushing yards per game at 263 yards on the ground. In addition, this is an offense that is great in the red zone. They make the most of their opportunities. Collin Klein is one of the best dual-threat quarterbacks in the nation. Jon Hubert is averaging 6.9 yards per carry from his tailback position.
The defense has given up a decent amount of yardage, but they are great at forcing field goals or turnovers. Despite allowing 253 passing yards per game, the Wildcats are giving up only 15.6 points per game this season. The front seven has been terrific against the run. Opponents are running for only 109 yards per contest. This is a solid defense filled with players who know their role very well.
Iowa State certainly isn’t a team anyone expected to see in the top 25 this year, but here they are ranked 25th in the nation this week. How have the Cyclones gotten to be ranked so highly? First, they pulled off an upset win at Iowa City against their rivals, the Iowa Hawkeyes. Last week, the Cyclones upset TCU on the road. The team’s much improved defense is the primary reason they are 4-1 right now. Iowa State is giving up only 15.8 points per game this season. The front seven has been good at pressuring the opposing quarterback as well as stopping the run.
Offensively, the Cyclones still have plenty of room for improvement. Steele Jantz has thrown the same amount of touchdowns as he has interceptions (7). Jantz is a good runner from the quarterback position, and the Cyclones have two good running backs in Shontrelle Johnson and James White. Josh Lenz has become the big play maker on the outside for Iowa State. Overall, the Cylcones are only 92nd in the nation in total offense. This offense will need to become more consistent if this team is going to keep winning.
Kansas State’s running game will be the best the Cyclones have seen this year. Iowa State is a decent team, but I think they have a little ways to go to be on the same level as Kansas State. Look for the Wildcats to cover.
Kansas State 28 Iowa State 17
Latest posts by Kyle Hunter (see all)
- Basketball Pick: Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Penn State Nittany Lions - February 27, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Cal Golden Bears vs. Arizona Wildcats - February 26, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Florida Gators vs. Vanderbilt Commodores - February 25, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Louisville vs. Cincinnati - February 22, 2014
- Basketball Pick: Michigan State Spartans vs. Purdue Boilermakers - February 20, 2014