LA Angels vs LA Dodgers Pick
Starting Pitchers: Williams (Angels) vs. Harang (Dodgers)
Date/Time: Tuesday, June 12 10:10 p.m. (ET)
MLB Betting Odds from VietBet
Moneyline: Angels +120 Dodgers -135
MLB Betting Game Trends
Los Angeles Angels
- LA Angels14-4-1 SU in their last 19 games
- LA Angels9-0-1 SU in their last 10 games on the road
- LA Angels9-3-1 SU in their last 13 games when playing LA Dodgers
- LA Angels6-1-1 SU in their last 8 games when playing on the road against LA Dodgers
Los Angeles Dodgers
- LA Dodgers6-1-1 SU in their last 8 games
- LA Dodgers are 0-4-1 SU in their last 5 games ,at home
- LA Dodgers are 3-9-1 SU in their last 13 games ,when playing LA Angels
- LA Dodgers are 1-6-1 SU in their last 8 games ,when playing at home against LA Angels
The Angels slow start out of the gate appears to be a thing of the past with a nine-game winning streak on the road that includes a three-game sweep of Colorado this past weekend. They are now just three games in back of Texas in the AL West with an overall record of 32-29. This road streak as raised their record away from home back over .500 to 16-15. The total has gone ‘over’ in five of their last seven games heading into Monday night’s series opener against their city rivals.
It took Albert Pujols a bit longer than expected to get use to his new surroundings after spending his first 11 seasons in the Majors with St. Louis, but the adjustment period is over. All the Angels’ bats are starting to click with an average of 7.67 runs in their past six games. They will go with Jerome Williams as their starter for Tuesday’s Game 2. After giving-up just nine earned run in over 27 innings of work, the right-hander was tagged for five earned runs in his last start. He is 2-2 against the Dodgers with a 4.64 ERA.
The Dodgers got off to a blazing start and still boast the best overall record in the Majors at 39-22. They have extended their lead over San Francisco in the NL West to five games with seven victories in their last 10 contests including a four-game sweep of Philadelphia last week. The Dodgers are a healthy 21-9 at home heading into this series and the total has gone ‘over’ in four of their last five games.
It has been the whole package for this team so far. The Dodgers are ranked fourth in the NL in scoring with an average of 4.39 runs per games and their 3.20 team ERA in second-best in the league. Aaron Harang is slated to get the start on Tuesday night. The right-hander is 5-3 on the year with a 3.95 ERA in 12 previous outings. He is coming off a quality start against the Phillies in which he allowed just three earned runs on eight hits to get the win.
Past trends favor the Angels with 9-3 record in the last 12 meetings and a 6-1 record in their last seven games at Dodger Stadium as does the matchup on the mound with Williams returning to form. Angels 5 Dodgers 3
Latest posts by Dave Schwab (see all)
- NBA Pick: New York Knicks vs. Brooklyn Nets - December 5, 2013
- Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat Free NBA Pick - December 3, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks - December 2, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins - December 1, 2013
- Free NFL Pick: Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs - December 1, 2013